BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Ready for a Jimny!!!

• Eskimo
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 Aug 2018 18:58 #195183 by Eskimo
Replied by Eskimo on topic Ready for a Jimny!!!
Right, I've got some pictures and the rest of the info for you :)

Total mileage is nearly 55300 and will increase a bit as used regularly. There is service history up to 9000mls (see picture below) and the previous owners have appeared to do the servicing themselves, and the last owner told me he had serviced around 50000mls, so I have yet to do anything with it and was planning on servicing it in November (a year after I bought it).

The gearbox appears fine, not a slick as a Bentley :laugh::laugh:, but seems to be in good order, not noisy and all gears engage with no problems, although very occasionally reverse can be a little stiff. All the 4x4 works and is still fitted with the factory vacuum system. The hubs hold vacuum and you can hear both hubs clicking in and out when the lever is operated. It has not done any serious off-road work while I've had it and was totally standard when I bought it so don't think it had done anything hard core before then either.

The engine runs sweet and exceptionally quiet, no known issues, although as said above might benefit a quick service and if I'm right regarding the cam belt it has a chain and therefore doesn't need changing.

There is a standard alloy spare wheel behind the cover, I have been meaning to get a matching one and for some strange reason I didn't get it when I bought the wheels and tyres however I can give you the make of wheel and where I got it from so you can be sure its the same. I do have the 4 original 3 spoke alloys as well if you were interested in them. I have also just (last weekend) added a set of Heko Wind Deflectors which make a huge difference when the windows are open.

In view of being as honest as I can about the Jimjam one of the rear headrests is missing, although it has not bothered me as I never needed more than 1 in the back, and the radio has decided in a fit of anger (possibly at the thought of me selling the Jim) to stop working this morning. I think it's just a fuse but I haven't had chance to check yet - will do on Saturday if that helps. There are some small scrapes on the front NS bumper but it is only the paint and doesn't appear to be scratched deeply. Other than that I really can't think of anything else that's not good with it, even the boot floor is not too bad (again see pictures below).

Sorry it's a bit dirty in the pictures, but it rained on the way into work this morning.

I'm based in Pershore, Worcestershire but could be open to meeting somewhere if necessary? I have attached some pictures and if you have anymore questions or would like to view then please let me know.

Cheers

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Aug 2018 07:54 #195189 by eddlane
Replied by eddlane on topic Ready for a Jimny!!!
Hi mate,

Thanks for that, that’s great. If I’m honest it’s too far for me really, I’m based right at the bottom of Devon!
I’m sure someone will have the little beast!
I have found a standard one down in Cornwall that looks alright, only thing is it’s on eBay. Does anybody know of anything about buying?

If I click buy it now (cash on collection) and I get to it and it isn’t as described and is rubbish; can I tell him to get lost??

Cheers all!

Bob - 2005 Jimny - standard, for now.....

More
17 Aug 2018 07:59 #195190 by Busta
Replied by Busta on topic Ready for a Jimny!!!
Don't click buy it now. Speak to the seller and arrange to have a look. If you then decide you want it, do a deal with him in person. Clicking buy it now commits you buying the car and paying full price, which you won't want to do without seeing it!

More
17 Aug 2018 08:00 #195191 by eddlane
Thank you!

The temptation to click it is high as it’s such a good Little jimny but I hear ya, I’ll resist and hope he emails back!!

• Eskimo
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
17 Aug 2018 12:22 #195206 by Eskimo
Replied by Eskimo on topic Ready for a Jimny!!!
No worries mate, it is a little further away than most folks would want to travel.

Good luck with the one you're looking at on Ebay.

More
17 Aug 2018 12:24 #195207 by eddlane
Thanks Chap.

Managed to get hold of the seller, he’s on holiday currently but I’m arranging to go see it next Saturday.

It’s in pretty good knick so hoping he’s a winner!

I’ll be back to have some help with all the plans I’ve got, roof box, tow bar, better AT tires, also cool 4x4 stuff that makes me look cooler than I really am.....:)

More
27 Aug 2018 14:52 #195457 by eddlane
Hi all,

Thanks for all the help.

Picked this little fella up yesterday!

Meet Bob (named by my four year old daughter...)

He’s got a set of 205/75r15 general grabbers on the way.

He’s booked in for a full service and a gearbox oil change, all went well in test drive and checking him out thanks hugely for the tips!

Edd

Attachments:

• Riccy
  • Banned
  • Banned
    Registered
  • J999 MNY Bashing around Carlisle
More
27 Aug 2018 15:48 #195459 by Riccy
Replied by Riccy on topic Ready for a Jimny!!!
Hi Bob! B) Looking good!

J999 MNY, ULYSSES M18 VVT with ITB's Dyno tested at 130hp

Pickup/tipper, R7me gearbox & 6.4 Rocklobster, 31" Toyo MT, 2x ARB air locker 3.9 diffs in braced axles, 6" total lift, Floating rear conversion, Raptor painted, CB, Recaro's, Caged, etc, etc...

www.youtube.com/user/riclemus

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
28 Aug 2018 03:55 #195478 by Lambert
Replied by Lambert on topic Ready for a Jimny!!!
Ermintrude and zebedee say hi!

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

• Daniel30
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
28 Aug 2018 09:42 #195486 by Daniel30
Replied by Daniel30 on topic Ready for a Jimny!!!
Nice to meet you Bob :D

Time to create page: 0.178 seconds