BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Running Boards .... why ?

More
06 Mar 2018 10:21 #190014 by kfrogzx7
My new Jimny has got running boards fitted, to me they look slightly ridiculous and I can't see much point to them, apart from perhaps protecting the sill from scratches and bumps ?
All they just a bling or are they useful ?
I'm inclined to take them off and sell them, or should I keep them ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Mar 2018 10:40 #190015 by Scimike
Replied by Scimike on topic Running Boards .... why ?
Its your Jimny and what you do with it is up to you and what you want from it. Standard or modified, road machine or rock crawler, they will all look different to each other and don't listen to anyone who claims one look is better than the other.
So do you want to keep them?
Are they running boards or rock sliders? Rock sliders could be useful if you feel the need to go off road, running boards may help as a step up and can add bling..
If you really can't decide ask the people close to you that have to look at your Jimny daily to call it, helps them out:laugh:

Yokohama Geolanders, Sony head unit, NAUTILUS Air Horn, DRL conversion, Rear cargo space, Elvis Bobblehead, transfer Guard, Indian hanging Elephant, Koni Heavy track dampers, Custom SS exhaust, Voodoo Doll, Adventure Rack with LED ight bar, vintage ERIBA caravan usually attached (yes it's slow)

More
06 Mar 2018 10:59 #190016 by kfrogzx7
Replied by kfrogzx7 on topic Running Boards .... why ?
I'm going to take them off because I can't see much point to them, it was a rhetorical question really.
I just wondered whether anybody on here would come up with a good reason to keep them on, after all they're a £200+ accessory as I understand it ?

More
06 Mar 2018 11:49 - 06 Mar 2018 11:49 #190017 by Scimike
Replied by Scimike on topic Running Boards .... why ?
I guess they are only a cosmetic item and if you like them and willing to pay £200 why not.....

Now you have made your mind up, have to admit I cant stand them myself :laugh:

Yokohama Geolanders, Sony head unit, NAUTILUS Air Horn, DRL conversion, Rear cargo space, Elvis Bobblehead, transfer Guard, Indian hanging Elephant, Koni Heavy track dampers, Custom SS exhaust, Voodoo Doll, Adventure Rack with LED ight bar, vintage ERIBA caravan usually attached (yes it's slow)
Last edit: 06 Mar 2018 11:49 by Scimike.

More
06 Mar 2018 12:23 #190018 by Busta
Replied by Busta on topic Running Boards .... why ?
Completely pointless! They are barely even strong enough to stand on. Some people will fit a part just because it exists, regardless of whether it has any function.

More
06 Mar 2018 13:33 #190019 by kirkynut
Replied by kirkynut on topic Running Boards .... why ?
They might make getting in easier for some but otherwise they're pointless and if you go off road they are going to get trashed quickly.

Kirkynut

The underdog often starts the fight, and occasionally the upper dog deserves to win - Edgar Watson Howe.

My Jimny Thread Here: www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...on-continues?start=0

• 1066Boy
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
06 Mar 2018 18:33 #190030 by 1066Boy
Replied by 1066Boy on topic Running Boards .... why ?
We have the tube type on Kates Jimny. A: because they were all ready fitted. and B: because she is small it helps her get in and out. :)

Time to create page: 0.107 seconds