BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Stolen Jimmy tonight at 23:00 Worksop

More
10 Feb 2015 15:21 - 10 Feb 2015 15:23 #137487 by mlines
I am afraid I think Halford is correct.

My guess would be that it has either been taken to rag around some fields and will be lying abandoned somewhere or will be being broken for parts.

Therefore get a list of parts out and we will watch on Ebay or will look out for a Jimny that has been suddenly transformed over night with off-road parts.

The power of the forum has worked in the past!

I am intrigued as to how they got past the immobiliser but perhaps that's not a conversation to have on an open forum anyway,

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses
Last edit: 10 Feb 2015 15:23 by mlines.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• pcrepairmandan
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 Feb 2015 15:48 #137490 by pcrepairmandan
Replied by pcrepairmandan on topic Stolen Jimmy tonight at 23:00 Worksop
it was driven off as i happen to actually see it pass me on a bypass my self !

• pcrepairmandan
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 Feb 2015 16:39 #137494 by pcrepairmandan
Replied by pcrepairmandan on topic Stolen Jimmy tonight at 23:00 Worksop
Bought it from someone in Sheffield which is 15/20 min down the road from me
Bought it in August just gone. It's parked outside the house ... Or was so any loud noises would be heard

• Adz6660
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 Feb 2015 17:03 #137498 by Adz6660
Replied by Adz6660 on topic Stolen Jimmy tonight at 23:00 Worksop
Gutted for you mate. My friend is a auto electrician he says a half decent thief can get round the standard immobiliser, I've shared it on every site I know I live in Sheffield but got mates who off road everywhere hope u get it bk

More
10 Feb 2015 17:07 #137499 by kirkynut
Mmm, perhaps I shall put the old Stoplock back in the Jimjam again! Not that I leave it anywhere it would get stolen unless we are away. On the odd occasion it stays out on the drive overnight it gets blocked in by another car at least.

To the OP, I'm sorry to hear about this. I'll keep my eyes open on eBay for parts that may look like they've come from it. A spec list would be useful though - winch type and make, tyre make and size etc.

Kirkynut

The underdog often starts the fight, and occasionally the upper dog deserves to win - Edgar Watson Howe.

My Jimny Thread Here: www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...on-continues?start=0

More
10 Feb 2015 17:46 #137509 by jackonlyjack
gutted for you :(
maybe someone could put it on
big jimny facebook page so we can share
and make it to hot to handle

• Riceye46
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 Feb 2015 18:27 #137517 by Riceye46
Replied by Riceye46 on topic Stolen Jimmy tonight at 23:00 Worksop
Only thing with making it to hot to handle will mean if it's striped for bits etc then they mite not sell them for a long time and by then everyone has for got about it and if the insurance company don't find it fast they take a long time to pay out being as your so close to the old owner I would pop around he mite be able to help maybe someone tried to steal it before or he mite know people u don't to keep a look out for it aswell worth a try

• Blitz
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 Feb 2015 18:45 #137525 by Blitz
Replied by Blitz on topic Stolen Jimmy tonight at 23:00 Worksop
I'm in rotherham so will keep an eye out. If you make it hot you might find it dumped locally. Worth a try nothing to loose.

I dug out my old steering lock when I got my rag top. Not hard to break into a tent lol

• Chazg83
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 Feb 2015 19:26 #137538 by Chazg83
Replied by Chazg83 on topic Stolen Jimmy tonight at 23:00 Worksop
Gutted for you mate, I'm down in essex but I'll keep me ears open, I've got a Clifford and use steering wheel lock on mine, nite gonna stop someone if they want it but hope to slow them down till my dog hears them

• craigy123
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 Feb 2015 20:31 #137545 by craigy123
Replied by craigy123 on topic Stolen Jimmy tonight at 23:00 Worksop
Will keep an eye out up in Scotland for it popping up anywhere. Was just looking at it on eBay yesterday too.

More
10 Feb 2015 20:33 #137546 by Halford
Wanted ...
good money available for snorkel. winch and green bonnet
call Halford on 0191 45637288
may consider part ex for baseball bat with minor blood stains
:)

• davert85
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 Feb 2015 21:44 #137556 by davert85
Replied by davert85 on topic Stolen Jimmy tonight at 23:00 Worksop
Absolute scum. Nowhere near me but il post about and keep an eye on ebay and so on.

I think the others who say make it to hot to handle are right. Completely different thing but gun dog crime is big at the mo and a mate of mine had his two spaniels taken from his garden at night. The next day he posted on every possible site, forum, lamp post etc and they were found the next day wondering about 30 miles from where they were taken. Obviously a dog cant be stripped for parts but the more people that know the more ears and eyes you have working for you

Best of luck

Time to create page: 0.152 seconds