BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

New Forest lanes.

• jonesyba420
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
01 Nov 2013 13:19 #88885 by jonesyba420
New Forest lanes. was created by jonesyba420
It was my birthday on the 31st (as some of you may know) and my misses being the legend she is not only got me ORA radius arm guards but also booked me (well us) a week holiday in Rockbourne New Forest (to my total suprise)!!

We leave here tomorrow (saturday 2nd) and come back next saturday.

It seems a shame to go all that way and not go green laning if there are any, so Im wondering if theres any lanes to drive in the area and if anyone on here knows them and would like to give us a tour or just suggest a few :)

It would be great to meet up with someone from here for abit of laning.

I believe theres a few locals to the area on here from the discussion about muddy bottom P+P which is in the new forest area somewhere (im not sure about going there as it all looks pretty hardcore for my unlifted jim)!

We have plans for tuesday and wednesday next week but are definately open to suggestions for the rest of the time :)

Kind Regards Alex and Kat.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Nov 2013 13:44 #88888 by idiotmobil
Replied by idiotmobil on topic New Forest lanes.
Far as I know there not to meny better thing to do would get up sailsbury plain some freat lanes up there and not far from newforest I would of come out but think im quite busy this weekend get on a site called bywaymap should be able to spot some lanes on there

JIMNYLESS

• jonesyba420
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
01 Nov 2013 14:04 #88891 by jonesyba420
Replied by jonesyba420 on topic New Forest lanes.
thanks for your response.

i thought theres bound to be a few around new forest will check that site you mentioned.

salisbury plain sounds interesting, i dont really want to do any harcore stuff if im on my own as i dont have a winch and dont fancy getting stuck miles from anywhere and recovery.

check your diary for the next week buddy, would even be up an evening run dont mind laning in the dark :laugh:

More
01 Nov 2013 14:52 #88896 by idiotmobil
I mite be up for some thing next week take you for a day tour of the plain some great lanes up there some harsh stuff but easy to just drive round it

JIMNYLESS

• jonesyba420
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
01 Nov 2013 15:00 #88897 by jonesyba420
Sounds great will definitely be up for that :cheer: :cheer:

you can see from my signature what kit ive got on my jim, sorted bar a lift really.havent properly tested it either so will be good to try some harder lanes :)

how many miles would we be talking roughly?

More
01 Nov 2013 16:35 #88907 by idiotmobil
most of the lanes are easy with some bits to drive the hard way or drive round the easy way i do around 90 mile in a day but its 20 miles to i even get to the lane from mine and would be doing a differnt route as would want to end back some were near where we start as i lane nearly all the way home in a big circle when i go and thats not good for you so i would say any thing from 20-40 miles could be done but all depends if any one gets stuck etc i go out and just drive around with not much planning just get the os map out and use the force to guide me lol

JIMNYLESS

• jonesyba420
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
01 Nov 2013 16:52 #88910 by jonesyba420
Sounds good to me,sometimes unplanned force led routes are the best :laugh:

do you know where rockbourne is? I dont know the area so you would need to choose a suitable meeting point preferably with a postcode so we can easily find it.

We have nothing planned so far for Sunday Monday Thursday Friday so any of those are good for us.

More
01 Nov 2013 17:01 #88912 by idiotmobil
ill let you know later in the weekend ya i know sort of were your be staying your just below sailsbury so can meet some were there. you ever sean stone henge theres a lane that goes right past i have been down it but ive seen it on the map and stone henge is quite a weird sight

JIMNYLESS

• jonesyba420
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
01 Nov 2013 17:10 #88915 by jonesyba420
Sounds like a plan,ill pm you my mobile number as I dont know what mobile internet will be like there (hopefully I get phone signal on t mobile).

I should be able to get you a postcode of where we're staying if needed.

Ive been to stone henge but my misses hasnt so that would be awesome for her to get to see it!

im excited already lol, not only to hopefully lane with another jimny and meet someone off here (good to put faces to names) but also to try some new and more difficult lanes :cheer: .............and my old man will be sooooooo jealous :laugh:

• jonesyba420
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
01 Nov 2013 18:44 #88921 by jonesyba420
PM sent.

looking on this site bywaymap.com/index.html at where we're stating and there looks to be a fair few slightly to the north, is this the map you go by?

More
01 Nov 2013 19:10 #88931 by idiotmobil
ya thats the map dont look to much at it tho i use upto date os maps as that site isnt very uptodate or the byways can be risticted and dosnt say on there but gives you a good start on were to look also have a look at wetroads thats a good fun one. on that by way map look above were your going for the danger area thats the area were be heading for can say the exact lanes as soon red flags mite be up due to it being in the week but i know the area quite well, one thing to do up there is not go off the byways as its private millitry lanes and you get in trouble

JIMNYLESS

• jonesyba420
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
01 Nov 2013 19:22 #88932 by jonesyba420
i wouldnt go on the plain without a guide as im aware its military so not wise to get lost or stray from the lanes.

any thoughts on when a suitable day to go will be?

would definatly be good to see stone henge again was a little kid when i was last there!!!

Time to create page: 0.122 seconds