BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

wooohoo the jimny recoverd from her bump

• kx100
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 Jun 2013 21:51 #73533 by kx100
well as most of you know some little chav wrote my jimny off.. but last night was the final nights work on it and now shes as good as new just need the clips to turn up for the trim panels and shes perfect.. now as the 4wheel drive works iv been making the most of it today I was up helping the gamekeeper build pens ect and tonight I climbed a big pile of gravel. Have plenty of pics to put up but need to find a easy way to get them up:) also is chequer plate strong enough to make a diff guard , sump guard , ect.. any ideas on how I could modify my bumper as I went up a steep bit tonight and crackd the middle black plastic bit :/ also are insa turbo rangers any good as I may be getting a pair? thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• GuardianAngel
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 Jun 2013 22:23 #73536 by GuardianAngel
Replied by GuardianAngel on topic wooohoo the jimny recoverd from her bump
Anything is better than nowt, but most guards are around 5mm to 6mm thick roughly.

• kx100
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 Jun 2013 23:29 #73538 by kx100
Replied by kx100 on topic wooohoo the jimny recoverd from her bump
im not sure what this is just I have spyed a skip with lots in it! I will get some and try

More
12 Jun 2013 07:45 #73549 by kirkynut
Good to hear it's sorted. Did you read my post about possibly being able to claim from the Motor Insurance Bureau?

Look at this link: www.mib.org.uk/Home/en/default.htm

Have a look into whether you are eligible to claim.

Kirkynut

The underdog often starts the fight, and occasionally the upper dog deserves to win - Edgar Watson Howe.

My Jimny Thread Here: www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...on-continues?start=0

• darthloachie
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 Jun 2013 08:11 - 12 Jun 2013 08:12 #73555 by darthloachie
Replied by darthloachie on topic wooohoo the jimny recoverd from her bump

kx100 wrote: Have plenty of pics to put up but need to find a easy way to get them up :)

upload your pictures to photobucket and then copy and paste the image link into your post

also if you leave a space before using a smiley they'll work :)
Last edit: 12 Jun 2013 08:12 by darthloachie.

• kx100
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 Jun 2013 11:34 #73568 by kx100
thankyou yeah I looking into that insurance thing you talked about and for it my motor has to go away for inspection and there's no point at its already been fixed.. :)

• kx100
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 Jun 2013 11:52 #73742 by kx100
well really happy with the jimny`s performance off road even standard with half decent tyres.. the gamekeeper kept slagging the jimny so we set each other a challenge going up a big banking were the motocross guys goo and he couldn't make it in his Toyota hilux but the jimny sailed up it no problem at all he was well impressed so was I to be honest haha.. :P

More
14 Jun 2013 13:50 #73749 by idiotmobil
i had the recue a hilux the other day from a muddy hole, pulled him out and to rub it in his face drove clean through it then gave a nice wave good by as he stood there stund

JIMNYLESS

Time to create page: 0.118 seconds