BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Door Mirror adjustment motor

More
07 Jun 2013 23:04 #73126 by Grasshopper
Hi All

Before I go rummaging about trying to find why my offside mirror has decided to stop working (no mechanical sound) thought I would just ask has anybody been on a similar mission before.

I suppose it could be something simply like a bad connection or a duff selector switch, but since I'm new to Jimny thought I would just ask for any old hand experience.

Easy route to getting the door trim & mirror assemble off would be a good helping start.

My motor is a 2002 hard top special addition.

Here's hoping, thanks

Dave

The only benefit of age is experience.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Jun 2013 06:58 - 08 Jun 2013 06:59 #73136 by gilburton
Just gently prise off the triangular shape trim inside the car which will expose 3 nuts and the plug. A screwdriver will do but you might scrape the door paint under the trim so a small prise bar or tyre lever would be better.
You can then check for power at the plug and if no power then go for the switch ;)

I started off high and worked my way down ever since :-)
Last edit: 08 Jun 2013 06:59 by gilburton.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Grasshopper

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.092 seconds