BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Derbyshire - Green Lane Online Mapping

More
22 May 2013 11:35 #71370 by maverick
B) not surprisingly quite a few to go at in Derbyshire (aka The Peak District)

Derbyshire Online Mapping

again, I shall be aiming to visit them all ... starting Sunday 9th June 2013

Jalapeño, IISY?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 May 2013 09:16 #71434 by maverick
A note to everyone ...

Sorry, but I don't give out information on Byways or UCRs.

YOU need to go and find it, from the respective County Council whose Byways and UCRs "YOU" are intending to drive.

Imagine if i gave you a Green Lane to drive on, and you got caught by the Police, I would be responsible ... This is why YOU need to find out the information, then you and only you are culpable ... Sorry :(

Look on each County Council website and find the Rights of Way Officer (Derbyshire in this thread) -- email or telephone them - but all they will do (for Derbyshire) is point you to their Online Mapping service - which is why i posted it here.

Its not the easiest system to use - but its better than nothing, and if the Byway and/or UCRs is on their system then YOU can be assured that it is LEGAL to drive ... If it isn't on there, and someone (land Owner, Joe Public) takes your 4x4 registration and reports it to the Police, you will be prosecuted and liable to lose your vehicle, as the law stated that YOU have to find out (in advance) whether the Byway and/or UCRs has vehicular rights or NOT!!

I am posting these links of the places YOU can go look for information (like i have) as many people are still asking me to give them where all the Byways and UCRs are - it is not my information, its the respective councils who own it, and its their right to change - so always look BEFORE you go out!!

I know this might be frustrating to anyone - but this is just the way it is, sorry :(

If YOU want to know and SEE where these lanes are, you have three choices:

1) Take a lot of time and effort in doing the research (like i do most evenings, everyday)
2) Come out with me/us, our next trip is Sunday 9th June - Derbyshire
3) We go out on a monthly basis, if you want to come and i have a free place, i will let you know... I say free place as the 4x4 voluntary code suggested NO MORE than 5 trucks per convoy, and we regularily have 4 trucks.

Good Luck.

Jalapeño, IISY?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.074 seconds