BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Which engine should i go for

• zain
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 May 2013 14:06 #70673 by zain
Which engine should i go for was created by zain
Hello Guys
i got a jimny wide :cheer: (as they call it ) recently and glad to find you folks. I have one question . My jimny has a G13BB model of engine , but it is in excellent condition . my jeep is 98 model japan manufactured one . I am thinking of an engine change.

which engine would suit me the best . I am located in a very hot part of Asia, and would that new engine give me more power and fuel efficiency ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 May 2013 18:32 #70698 by supergaz
You want a G16b for an easy swap. Found in Vitaras and Balenos.

• zain
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 May 2013 19:33 #70708 by zain
Replied by zain on topic Which engine should i go for
thanks for the reply . i would be grateful if some body guide me whether a "M13AA" non vvt would be better or
not . I mean if i swap to the M13AA engine , shall the performance of my jimny would increase than the performance it is showing with its present engine

More
14 May 2013 20:10 #70716 by supergaz
It would be a wiring nightmare to swap to the M13aa, All wiring loom, ECU ect would all need changing. Might aswell just change the jimny for a newer model.

Much better just to swap for the G16b, that is the easiest option.
The following user(s) said Thank You: zain

• zain
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 May 2013 04:15 #70746 by zain

supergaz wrote: It would be a wiring nightmare to swap to the M13aa, All wiring loom, ECU ect would all need changing. Might aswell just change the jimny for a newer model.

Much better just to swap for the , that is the easiest option.

Thank you sent for the reply :cheer:

wont G16b ruin the off road ?, isnt it bulky to make the gemni front heavy

More
15 May 2013 05:37 #70748 by supergaz
The G16b engine is no bigger in size and will bolt straight in. That will give you the best gain without the headache. All I think you need is the original sump pan and oil pickup.
The following user(s) said Thank You: zain

• zain
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 May 2013 08:21 - 15 May 2013 08:23 #70755 by zain
i shall post pics of the engine i am having for now too . and would you be kind enough to tell me whether i would get some extra power and fuel efficiency in result of such swap .
with regards
Last edit: 15 May 2013 08:23 by zain.

• zain
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
23 May 2013 08:23 #71428 by zain

supergaz wrote: The G16b engine is no bigger in size and will bolt straight in. That will give you the best gain without the headache. All I think you need is the original sump pan and oil pickup.

I didnt get this part . would any body kindly elaborate as to i need those parts as new or the parts of old engine would work

More
23 May 2013 11:55 - 23 May 2013 11:57 #71451 by Rhinoman
If its a Baleno engine then you must use the 1.3 sump but you will need to cut the baffling a little to get clearance. The oil pick-up pipe will need to be modified to fit the 1.3 or you will need to cut and shut the 1.3 and 1.6 pipes. The GV engine is supposed to be a simpler swap but you may need to mdoify the sump if you don't have enough clearance to the diff.
You get a good boost in power and torque but it is not a straight swap, there are a few write-ups on the swap around the web. You need an adapter plate and you will need to modify/replace/move one engine mount.

Some Suzukis and a bunch of motorcycles.
Last edit: 23 May 2013 11:57 by Rhinoman.

• Cider
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
23 May 2013 12:19 #71452 by Cider
Replied by Cider on topic Which engine should i go for
Hi
The GV engine is a much easier swop you`ll won`t have to switch the cam shaft" unless your fitting it into a rag top" or sump/oil pick up
I have a write up on this forum but not sure how to post a link to it on here

Time to create page: 0.130 seconds