BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Batteries & Alternators

• JerseyJimny
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 Feb 2013 08:15 #62741 by JerseyJimny
Replied by JerseyJimny on topic Re: Batteries & Alternators
The standered alternator should take it...

I am sticking a second battery in today so I will tell you how it gose

The only thing to watch for it to use the right gauge cable to link the batts, I choose welding cable as that can carry upto around 300 amps (if not more) but you pay for it.... It's around 10 quid per meter

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e usinvg Tapatalk 2

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Sponnie
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 Feb 2013 09:22 #62746 by Sponnie
Replied by Sponnie on topic Re: Batteries & Alternators

newham wrote: Cheers sponnie. Like your thinking..
Ive been on and off the net all day getting other peoples ideas and for the amount of winching i expect to be doing im now thinking, out with the old battery, move the water bottle and now you have stacks of room for one big Odyssey PC2150 battery. I know they are expensive but if i go down the route of two batteries connected together in paralell i don't think it will be any cheaper. And if i went down the route of two batteries and a split charge system that would be about the same...

now i'm thinking a bigger alternator to charge it...Any ideas on that one please ?

No probs. Exactly what I did, move the water bottle, you will need to fiddle and move the battery cables, in particular the one from the starter motor as it will be too short. Ive got some pics although im sure there are plenty on here as its a common mod. A second battery could be added in the future if you find you need it.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

• vitara_mad
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 Feb 2013 09:32 #62748 by vitara_mad
Replied by vitara_mad on topic Batteries & Alternators
grand vitara 2.5v6 alternator fits the sohc jimny not sure if the dohc engine has same fitting alternator

• adamjimny
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 Feb 2013 11:43 #62755 by adamjimny
Replied by adamjimny on topic Batteries & Alternators
are they more ampage?

• vitara_mad
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 Feb 2013 12:59 #62762 by vitara_mad
Replied by vitara_mad on topic Batteries & Alternators
the ones ive had did not say what the ampage is on them but from what ive read they are or can get them upto 150amp

Time to create page: 0.076 seconds