BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

The Jimny "Wobble"

• ZookFastback
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
04 Feb 2013 21:59 #60920 by ZookFastback
The Jimny "Wobble" was created by ZookFastback
For years I have heard of the Jimny "Wobble" but never experienced it. I've been driving my Jimny Fastback, Spanish Santana-built, for 12 years now and have done over 475,000 kilometres. Along the way I have stopped and talked to various Jimny drivers and I've noticed that the "wobble" seems to mainly affect regular Jimnys, particularly those with lifts and larger tyres.

I'm wondering if there is anything different in the front geometry between the 2 models that may cause the "wobble"??? If so, then a comparison by experts may lead to a lasting solution.

Just an observation, but it may be valid or it could be due to lighter weight over rear or front slightly lower, who knows?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• reaper
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
04 Feb 2013 22:08 #60924 by reaper
Replied by reaper on topic The Jimny "Wobble"
Lifting or altering a jim will always effect how it handles .
What i have seen regarding the ''death wobble'' on standard trucks is it mostly effects 2003 and softtops (02) models

• Nathan126
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
04 Feb 2013 22:35 #60931 by Nathan126
Replied by Nathan126 on topic The Jimny "Wobble"
Mines an 02 registered 2002, wobble at 45mph+ standard.

Zook, i'm still understanding jimny's and you say yours is a santana but not 02? Could it be Santana models mainly effected?

More
04 Feb 2013 22:57 #60934 by minibbb
Replied by minibbb on topic The Jimny "Wobble"
My 05 wobbles at 40-45 mph always on the same short stretch of road! Very odd! About to for bigger tyres so expecting it to get worse

• ZookFastback
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
04 Feb 2013 23:14 #60936 by ZookFastback
Replied by ZookFastback on topic The Jimny "Wobble"

Nathan126 wrote: Mines an 02 registered 2002, wobble at 45mph+ standard.

Zook, i'm still understanding jimny's and you say yours is a santana but not 02? Could it be Santana models mainly effected?

Mine is an October 2000 Spanish build and over here in Oz they are less likely to have the wobble than the Japanese build
ones.

• brindog
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
05 Feb 2013 21:43 #61034 by brindog
Replied by brindog on topic The Jimny "Wobble"

ZookFastback wrote:

Nathan126 wrote: Mines an 02 registered 2002, wobble at 45mph+ standard.

Mine is an October 2000 Spanish build and over here in Oz they are less likely to have the wobble than the Japanese build
ones.

Its probably because there are hardly any soft top ones around. Im lucky to see 1 a year, actually 1 every 2 years... thats why they are less likely to have the wobble. :lol:
The chassis is the same, on all models.

Its about luck, if you have a wobble or not. I personally have never had it from stock to 2" lift and 215, then to 3" lift and 235s

Time to create page: 0.099 seconds