BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Re:What did you do to your jimny today?

More
25 Mar 2024 15:57 #255234 by njet
I reprinted my aux switches panel with the final layout, space for the distance meeter and a usb-C charger (more pics in my build thread). 

2003 Jimny, 3.5" lift on HD caster-corrected arms, 30" Coopers STT Pro, rear locked → build thread . Live updates on Instagram @moge.wszedzie .
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Apr 2024 11:21 - 02 Apr 2024 10:09 #255342 by rogerzilla
I did the front speaker "upgrade".  I'm not overly impressed.  The Pioneer speakers that fit the kit don't sound a lot better than the stock speakers and probably cost about a fiver to make, given that the all-in cost of them is only about £20. There's more bass but no real clarity.  I bought some much better Rockford Fosgate 13cm speakers but they don't fit into the mounting rings.  Not much does.

Also, the mounting screws that come with the speakers appear to be made from cheese. I have JIS, Pozi and Philips bits and none stopped them from rounding out.
Last edit: 02 Apr 2024 10:09 by rogerzilla.

More
02 Apr 2024 22:03 #255378 by Mike G
Fitted new rear wheel bearings and installed the rear brake disc kit as well.  Does feel a lot better. Not a massively noticeable difference, but definitely taken the pulsing feeling out of the pedal having new hardware installed.

2" Trailmaster suspension lift, 2"body lift, snorkel, full breather kit, 29" steel wheels with BFG tyres, tinted rear windows, CRT CB radio with modulator antenna mounted on rear, dog cage and tray in the back.
The following user(s) said Thank You: gv42

More
07 Apr 2024 18:16 #255489 by LM42
Fitted a yellow top battery, much bigger and takes over from the little one, moved washer bottle to where old battery was, used a modified jimnybits abs battery tray

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lambert, gv42, Soeley, lookonimages

More
10 Apr 2024 11:04 - 10 Apr 2024 11:04 #255519 by rogerzilla
Took the gen3 auto to the main dealer (it probably hasn't been near one for 9 years) for its new remote key.
Last edit: 10 Apr 2024 11:04 by rogerzilla.

More
11 Apr 2024 12:44 #255532 by rogerzilla
Got the gen4 into the garage.  Too much faff unscrewing the aerial, taking the security chain off the door (I chain the central member of the up-and-over door to a ground anchor to thwart burglars) and making sure it's in far enough for the door to clear the roof on its way down.  Won't bother again!

More
12 Apr 2024 18:50 #255542 by jackonlyjack

More
13 Apr 2024 11:42 - 13 Apr 2024 11:45 #255547 by facade
My Gen 4 heated rear window wire protectors arrived from China- pretty good value @ £5.66 including post.

TIP: clean the panel with propan-2-ol, and then position the cover exactly where you want it without removing the backing from the sticky pads then draw around it with pencil so you can put it back in place, you can't move it once it touches.

(Here is the one I drew around (the other side is a bit wonky....... )

If it suddenly breaks, go back to the last thing that you did before it broke and start looking there :)
Attachments:
Last edit: 13 Apr 2024 11:45 by facade. Reason: image doesn't upload

More
13 Apr 2024 15:18 #255548 by DrRobin
Very nice, they look identical to the ones fitted to mine even down to the little grove.

Good price as well, bet the previous owner of my car paid a lot more.

Robin

2020 blue SZ5 (one of the last to be registered in the UK)
Ex 2011 Blue Jimny SZ4
Northumberland Jimny Blog

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: facade

More
13 Apr 2024 19:46 #255549 by oldgazzer
Had the most frustrating afternoon with my Jimny. 

Thought I would change the oil in the Differentials, Gearbox and Transfer Box. Never done it before so watched a few YouTube videos which looked like a task I could easily do myself. Ohhh how wrong I was! Easily bled the Diffs and the Transfer Box but when I came to undo the filler plug on the Gearbox my troubles started.

I struggled getting my 10mm square socket in between the panel and the plug so I could undo it. 
I could only work by feel as I was underneath the Jimny and couldn't see the whole of the plug. Whoever had attempted this feat before had butchered the plug and I was unable to get the male end of the socket in to enable me to undo the thing. I tried everything mole-grips, ⅜ square socket. No room to use a hammer to force the socket in. Eventually had to give up.

Whilst underneath I noticed a coating of black oil covering rectangular rubber boot. From this forum I think I have the common oil leak problem that stems from the gearbox outlet as my Jimny is on an 2007 plate. So what I did with my jimny today was very frustrating.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
14 Apr 2024 05:19 #255550 by Lambert
It could have been worse, you could have let the oil out before discovering you couldn't put some back in!

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
14 Apr 2024 07:10 #255551 by oldgazzer
True! Good job I watched some videos on how to do it before attempting it.

Time to create page: 0.412 seconds