BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

What did you do to your jimny today?

More
29 Jan 2023 16:10 #247255 by LM42
Fitted raptor4x4 roof rack, just need to sort CB antenna mount

Sent from my 2201116SG using Tapatalk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Jan 2023 21:18 #247260 by Mike G
Fitted improved brakes from Martin's shop.  No more warped thin discs causing death wobble when braking. 

2" Trailmaster suspension lift, 2"body lift, snorkel, full breather kit, 29" steel wheels with BFG tyres, tinted rear windows, CRT CB radio with modulator antenna mounted on rear, dog cage and tray in the back.
Attachments:

More
30 Jan 2023 08:48 #247264 by Motleycrew
Centre DTM exhaust going through number plate location
Attachments:

More
30 Jan 2023 11:06 #247270 by Motleycrew
Nearly there
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Soeley

More
30 Jan 2023 17:53 #247277 by Soeley
Looks good.
Is the number plate going to get located on the spare wheel blank cover?

More
30 Jan 2023 18:11 #247278 by Motleycrew
Thank you, I am thinking of getting a square one made up and putting it below the Jimny spare wheel blanking cover. Need to put some LED’s to make it legal. Noticed the exhaust is illuminated in the dark with the old number plate lights.
Attachments:

More
30 Jan 2023 19:33 #247280 by Motleycrew
spray paint for the cover also arrived today. debated if I should leave it black but reckon it will look much better silver and make the Jimny logo pop out.

More
31 Jan 2023 18:34 #247302 by gv42
Sprayed the HD prop Shafts red

More
01 Feb 2023 12:39 #247316 by gv42
Fitted front runner roof rack ☺️

More
03 Feb 2023 09:35 #247329 by DrRobin
Installed the latest version of OSMAnd (Sat Nav, Open Street Maps) in to my Android head unit.

I have used OSMAnd for a while now as it allows your own GPX routes to be added and you can download all of the Byways, etc for your region from www.rowmaps.co.uk), but it wasn't until the latest release that the Android version allowed the 2.5D (driving) view.

The screen is clear, bright, easy to see and the guidance (voice) pretty much standard.

Once you have your favourite off road routes added, it will even give you route guidance to the start and very likely as you drive along, at least it will show you if you are still on route.

Best of all it is free for 7 maps (each detailed UK region is 1 map) and there is a paid for version above this, but it's not expensive.  Also runs on iPhone if you just want to use it on your mobile.

Robin

2020 blue SZ5
Ex 2011 Blue Jimny SZ4
Northumberland Jimny Blog

Attachments:

More
03 Feb 2023 17:11 - 03 Feb 2023 17:12 #247336 by Mike G
Finished off fitting 2 front wheel bearings. Easier than I thought it would be. Back ones will need done shortly as well tho.

Fitted a new squib to the steering wheel to get rid of the dash warning light.  Think the old squib was past repairing after repairing 2 times previous.

Fitted new abs sensor wires to get rid of the other warning light.  Cheapo cable off eBay, 

Fitted the jimny lean correction bump stop to the right front spring and it's looking a lot better

2" Trailmaster suspension lift, 2"body lift, snorkel, full breather kit, 29" steel wheels with BFG tyres, tinted rear windows, CRT CB radio with modulator antenna mounted on rear, dog cage and tray in the back.
Last edit: 03 Feb 2023 17:12 by Mike G.

More
04 Feb 2023 12:06 #247345 by Scimike
Finally today started to fit my new EBC disks and pads. The one being removed have just over 30k of very light use, but for sometime they have felt warped. You can see the problem in the surface of one, result of something else or just poor quality control?
These are Elcher from a car part supplier, very cheap at £25 each, so I guess you get what you pay for.

Yokohama Geolanders, Sony head unit, NAUTILUS Air Horn, DRL conversion, Rear cargo space, Elvis Bobblehead, transfer Guard, Indian hanging Elephant, Koni Heavy track dampers, Custom SS exhaust, Voodoo Doll, Adventure Rack with LED ight bar, vintage ERIBA caravan usually attached (yes it's slow)
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.431 seconds