BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Re:What did you do to your jimny today?

More
22 Feb 2021 06:55 #233084 by Soeley
I didn't think a lowered crossmember was required with a 40 mm lift, just 50mm and above?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Feb 2021 07:23 #233086 by lookonimages

crash486 wrote: I have a 40mm ToughDog suspension with the lowered chassis member. It sits at about radius arm height. I've hit it several times now so I've replaced it with the Neoplot brace.

crash486 JB74W

I really like the brace.
Where did you purchase it?

Sent from my SM-A505F using Tapatalk

More
22 Feb 2021 09:16 #233088 by crash486

Soeley wrote: I didn't think a lowered crossmember was required with a 40 mm lift, just 50mm and above?

It was part of the kit.
Same discussion as extended brake hoses I think. :-)

crash486 JB74W

More
22 Feb 2021 09:18 #233089 by crash486

lookonimages wrote:

crash486 wrote: I have a 40mm ToughDog suspension with the lowered chassis member. It sits at about radius arm height. I've hit it several times now so I've replaced it with the Neoplot brace.

crash486 JB74W

I really like the brace.
Where did you purchase it?

Sent from my SM-A505F using Tapatalk

www.rhdjapan.com/search/engine/suzuki_ji...ars-and-power-braces

Manual and auto options.

crash486 JB74W
The following user(s) said Thank You: lookonimages

More
27 Feb 2021 15:33 - 27 Feb 2021 15:35 #233339 by Scimike
I changed the PAS belt tensioner which made a sound like a rattling heat shield, but only at start up which was strange, so that's fixed.
And FINALLY
I have found the source of a random rattle that has been evading detection since Christmas. It was the exhaust hitting the tow bar bracket, aging of the rubber hangers slowly lowering it down. No amount of shaking the exhaust from the tail pipe would cause said rattle, but first movement with my hand on the mid section and bingo, there she blows.
It really was driving me mad, feel all relaxed now......

Yokohama Geolanders, Sony head unit, NAUTILUS Air Horn, DRL conversion, Rear cargo space, Elvis Bobblehead, transfer Guard, Indian hanging Elephant, Koni Heavy track dampers, Custom SS exhaust, Voodoo Doll, Adventure Rack with LED ight bar, vintage ERIBA caravan usually attached (yes it's slow)
Last edit: 27 Feb 2021 15:35 by Scimike.

More
28 Feb 2021 07:57 #233348 by Mike G
Changed the crankshaft oil seal and replaced the belts at the front (PK850 on PAS and PK833 for ALT on non-AC M13) also cleaned up the face of the tensioner pulley as it looked a little grubby.  My motor has the AC unit, but it's siezed up, so I've removed it from the engine to have an inspection of it at a later date.

2" Trailmaster suspension lift, 2"body lift, snorkel, full breather kit, 29" steel wheels with BFG tyres, tinted rear windows, CRT CB radio with modulator antenna mounted on rear, dog cage and tray in the back.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
10 Mar 2021 19:03 #233627 by Lambert
Today I have been mostly getting another year of ticket on the Spare Jimny. Clean pass but having only done 2 thousand miles in the year I'm not surprised.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
10 Mar 2021 20:45 #233629 by Soeley
Still good news, is it kept undercover or outside?

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
11 Mar 2021 04:17 #233635 by Lambert
Outside but sheltered on 2 sides. I would have preferred a dehumidified indoor area but needs must.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

• Chalky the Jimny
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 Mar 2021 08:39 #233672 by Chalky the Jimny
Replied by Chalky the Jimny on topic What did you do to your jimny today?
I went for a little adventure to see how my new tires work off-road. It was a good day. 

I went for a little adventure to see how my new tires work off-road. It was a good day. 

Attachments:

More
13 Mar 2021 18:58 #233714 by DrRobin
Drivers side kingpin bearings, part 1. Everything was seized, the ABS bolt wouldn’t come out so that drilled out easily.

The brake caliper holder bracket bolts were stuck in, the long bar came in handy.

The swivel seal bolts were all stuck in, had to hammer a small socket over these.

The cotter pin in the steering rod had to be drilled out.

The bottom kingpin was well stuck in, I had to use a blow lamp, screwdriver, chisel and my biggest lump hammer.

It’s all apart now, the bottom bearing is seized up solid, the top actually looks okay. Fortunately apart from the ABS bolt nothing has is broken.

It’s taken most of the day, so part 2, tomorrow is clean everything up and put it back together. Martin reckoned 3 hours, it might have been had one bolt come out with relative easy, but with everything stuck in place, no chance.

2020 blue SZ5 (one of the last to be registered in the UK)
Ex 2011 Blue Jimny SZ4
Northumberland Jimny Blog

More
14 Mar 2021 10:49 - 14 Mar 2021 10:53 #233721 by Fossie
OMG! Collected Jimny  number 4 from tuther side o't'hills!  This is a possible replacement for daughters if we can't suss issue....if we can, Cabrio  jobbie will need a new home .. ..addiction or obsession? OMG! 

Attachments:
Last edit: 14 Mar 2021 10:53 by Fossie.

Time to create page: 0.491 seconds