BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Re:What did you do to your jimny today?

More
06 Jun 2016 22:03 #168139 by j999pre
Yes probably 98 up to first facelift. You sorted it though. Look good

Gold Jimny the best colour (sold) :(

Big red Jimny 32" tyres, arbs, cage 5:1 transfer etc. (Sold)

Grey pick up Jimny
Turbo m13a, arbs, floating rear shafts, disc conversion rear, vented front conversion. 245 70 16. Winch, 3" lift, 4:16 trans hd shafts and CVS

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Jun 2016 15:11 #168160 by Halford
nice one Dan B)

I checked mine were working this morning as I'd forgot they were even there :whistle:

;)

• Daniel30
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
07 Jun 2016 16:32 #168167 by Daniel30
Replied by Daniel30 on topic What did you do to your jimny today
:cheer: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

More
07 Jun 2016 19:24 #168176 by Halford
well the aircon compressor died yesterday (guess I shouldn't have had the system re-gassed last year - one thing tends to trigger something else when things get old)

Gaz has just been over in his "reasonably priced Disco" (very nice - already 2 inch lift, bumper chop and grabber muds fitted) and taken the power steering/aircon belt off - The terminator could still drive it without power steering but its too heavy for me so will have to get the bus to work in the morning (new experience for me). :dry:

Gaz will pop back over tomorrow with a shorter belt for the power steering, but bypassing the aircon compressor - nice cheap fix, hopefully wont fowl and necessitate taking the aircon compressor off.

dread to think how much a new aircon compressor weighs in at :pinch:

suppose could try a secondhand one, but even then will have to additionally stump up another £50 to get the system charged up ..... maybe not bother as it could be "Hal in his unreasonably priced Jimny".

:(

More
07 Jun 2016 20:03 #168178 by Mike G

Halford wrote: well the aircon compressor died yesterday (guess I shouldn't have had the system re-gassed last year - one thing tends to trigger something else when things get old)

Gaz has just been over in his "reasonably priced Disco" (very nice - already 2 inch lift, bumper chop and grabber muds fitted) and taken the power steering/aircon belt off - The terminator could still drive it without power steering but its too heavy for me so will have to get the bus to work in the morning (new experience for me). :dry:

Gaz will pop back over tomorrow with a shorter belt for the power steering, but bypassing the aircon compressor - nice cheap fix, hopefully wont fowl and necessitate taking the aircon compressor off.

I had the same problem with mine not long ago air con gave up the ghost. Shorter belt works fine, doesn't foul and the busted AC pump can stay where it is. Fret not.

2" Trailmaster suspension lift, 2"body lift, snorkel, full breather kit, 29" steel wheels with BFG tyres, tinted rear windows, CRT CB radio with modulator antenna mounted on rear, dog cage and tray in the back.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Halford

• Daniel30
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
07 Jun 2016 20:18 #168180 by Daniel30

Halford wrote: well the aircon compressor died yesterday (guess I shouldn't have had the system re-gassed last year - one thing tends to trigger something else when things get old)

dread to think how much a new aircon compressor weighs in at :pinch:

suppose could try a secondhand one, but even then will have to additionally stump up another £50 to get the system charged up ..... maybe not bother as it could be "Hal in his unreasonably priced Jimny".

Sorry to here that Halford bit of a pain

How did you know it had gone? Does it make a noise or something ? Haven't had mine looked at yet don't know if it just needs chargin? The button lights up but nothing happens :blink:

More
08 Jun 2016 03:58 - 08 Jun 2016 03:59 #168185 by Halford
You can hear it Dan, the .bearing whirring sounds a bit like a cheap electric kettle reaching boiling point.

At first I thought it was the water pump or even the power steering belt tensioner as its hard to pinpoint sound, until Gas popped the belt off et voila.

I actually felt it go when travelling at 60 mph on a slight incline, could feel the car sort of surge slightly several times, but then recovered. Later the noise started so limped home watching temp gauge.

Suppose I can live without air con for those 2 hot days we get up here, but it's handy in the winter for demisting.

;)
Last edit: 08 Jun 2016 03:59 by Halford.

• Daniel30
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
08 Jun 2016 05:46 #168186 by Daniel30
Yeah i know what you mean,

Do you know the number or length of belt Gaz put on to bypass it?

• Daniel30
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
08 Jun 2016 09:28 #168193 by Daniel30
Had the rear windows tinted, good service and very pleased with the outcome I should have done it ages ago turned out the bloke had a jimny that him and his dad used for shooting prefers it to his mates land Rover he keeps recovering :)

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

More
08 Jun 2016 16:55 #168200 by gusthegorilla
Everything you do to your Jim looks good, Dan, and by the look of those pics that's a really good job too ;)
If it's not a rude question. ...how much?? :woohoo:

I'm planning to live forever.....so far, so good !!

• Daniel30
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
08 Jun 2016 17:56 #168202 by Daniel30
Thanks mate ;) it was bang on £100 lifetime guarantee as long as i own the car it was a good quality vinyl they used the proper stuff :woohoo:

More
08 Jun 2016 18:05 #168204 by helijohn

Daniel30 wrote: Had the rear windows tinted, good service and very pleased with the outcome I should have done it ages ago turned out the bloke had a jimny that him and his dad used for shooting prefers it to his mates land Rover he keeps recovering :)

Really cool. B)

Do it right - use Hammerite
When the blue light is flashing I am kidding.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Daniel30

Time to create page: 0.395 seconds