BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Re:What did you do to your jimny today?

• Daniel30
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
23 Apr 2016 19:27 #165705 by Daniel30
Replied by Daniel30 on topic What did you do to your jimny today
That is very true ;) ;) I'm hoping to use it more next year as I'm a bit busy this year :) but could'nt pass up on it as I've been looking for one for ages and no one was interested in making me one :blink:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Apr 2016 19:48 #165810 by skywalker65
Fitted new discs and pads :)

If in doubt ...... Flat out ??

• Daniel30
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
26 Apr 2016 18:23 - 26 Apr 2016 18:26 #165864 by Daniel30
After seeing 11/60's quote on fitting some larger speakers to the front of the jimny it got me thinking about fitting a set of 13cm component speakers I have had lying about for a year or so :blink: so I got of my arSe and fitted the passenger side today and I must say the sound is fantastic wish I had done it sooner :)
File Attachment:

File Attachment:

Tomorrow's job is drivers side and tidy up wiring and maybe cut the quarter panel speaker cover thing to make it look a bit neater
Last edit: 26 Apr 2016 18:26 by Daniel30.

• Lambert
  • Away
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
28 Apr 2016 17:42 #165934 by Lambert
Glad to be an inspiration.

Today I made my car just jump off the key.

New bosch 4 year battery. Change from 48 quid including tax courtesy of euro car parts.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
30 Apr 2016 18:13 #166053 by Mike G

Daniel30 wrote: Went and picked up my new roof rack from Adam who is a member on here, fitted like a glove really pleased with it

That rack looks spot on. I've been looking for a similar style myself, but they are an nightmare to get hold of. Only found two places that sold the style and noone I talked to was interested in getting hold of one.

2" Trailmaster suspension lift, 2"body lift, snorkel, full breather kit, 29" steel wheels with BFG tyres, tinted rear windows, CRT CB radio with modulator antenna mounted on rear, dog cage and tray in the back.

• Daniel30
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
30 Apr 2016 18:31 #166054 by Daniel30

flashg0rd0n wrote:

Daniel30 wrote: Went and picked up my new roof rack from Adam who is a member on here, fitted like a glove really pleased with it

That rack looks spot on. I've been looking for a similar style myself, but they are an nightmare to get hold of. Only found two places that sold the style and noone I talked to was interested in getting hold of one.

Thanks yeah I was looking for a while to ;)
Just been tidying it up today couple of areas were the powder coating had gone and painted the brackets
I spoke to a couple of sellers on ebay about the same rack if I can find there details I'll let you know :)

More
30 Apr 2016 18:45 #166055 by Mike G
Thanks Dan,

I will have a dig around on ebay myself again as it was a while ago I looked now.

2" Trailmaster suspension lift, 2"body lift, snorkel, full breather kit, 29" steel wheels with BFG tyres, tinted rear windows, CRT CB radio with modulator antenna mounted on rear, dog cage and tray in the back.

More
05 May 2016 17:07 #166262 by Halford
MOT for another 12 months, no probs :)

Sunvisor strip with limo tint simply mentioned in advisories (checked with the tester first, was ready to rip it off)

Happy days

;)

• Daniel30
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
05 May 2016 18:05 #166264 by Daniel30
Happy days Halford great news ;)

• Daniel30
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
05 May 2016 18:57 - 05 May 2016 18:58 #166266 by Daniel30
Finished sorting a little bit of rust out during the week on the rack and fixed it back to the roof today, on the hunt for 4 spots now :)

File Attachment:
Last edit: 05 May 2016 18:58 by Daniel30.

• 1066Boy
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
05 May 2016 19:14 #166268 by 1066Boy
Replied by 1066Boy on topic What did you do to your jimny today
Re-positioned the lump of wood thats holding up my transfer box, due to a broken mount. :cheer:

More
06 May 2016 17:08 - 06 May 2016 17:09 #166288 by supergaz

Got angry with my grinder on Monday and chopped my rollcage off
Attachments:
Last edit: 06 May 2016 17:09 by supergaz.

Time to create page: 0.464 seconds