BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

What did you do to your jimny today?

More
14 Apr 2023 07:36 #248557 by DrRobin
Fully agree with Lambert, it should have failed with major faults, bordering on dangerous, was the tester called Stevie Wonder?

I would definitely go back to the seller, get them to fix it or you should reject the vehicle.

If they won’t play ball threaten them with reporting to Trading Standards and as Lambert says threaten to report the MOT test centre.

Robin

2020 blue SZ5
Ex 2011 Blue Jimny SZ4
Northumberland Jimny Blog

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Apr 2023 15:49 #248565 by jackonlyjack
This is why I would never buy one that's been under sealed 
​​​​​​I would say track down the mot station and report them 
It's a possibility they sell mot passes 

More
15 Apr 2023 22:17 #248608 by joir
Hi
I'm a new member from Iceland and an owner of a 2021 Jimny. 
Today I snapped a picture of the result of the last couple of days. New tyres and added wind/rain deflectors. Full detailing, including removing seats to clean them and the carpets.

Attachments:

More
16 Apr 2023 10:07 #248614 by Soeley
Hello and welcome from the UK.

More
17 Apr 2023 17:07 #248661 by LM42
Rusty section fixed , another rusty section found

Jimny 2003, and 2013

More
21 Apr 2023 16:39 #248742 by Darthblaker7474
Replaced my ABS sensor!

Attachments:

More
23 Apr 2023 09:06 #248771 by RainerK
Installed street legal LED headlight bulbs in my Gen3. This was a 5min job.

The light is even whiter than the normal nightbreaker and I have the feeling they are also a little lighter.

They have a small fan in the back so they are probably not good if you drive in deep water and allegedly when it is snowing there might be a snow build-up on the headlight because the bulbs produce less heat for thawing.

Attachments:

More
24 Apr 2023 20:01 - 24 Apr 2023 20:55 #248823 by yakuza
Changed the bulbs in the Heater panel, and the 4x4 buttons.
What a pain.. Had to fiddle quite a bit to get the heater panel back together after. Also added a glass antenna to replace my broken DAB antenna on the roof.

But most important I bought a ferry ticket to Denmark in May :D

Edit: I must add that it is a 9 hour drive to the ferry, 4 hours across, then 2 more hours to get to the danish meet :)

Norway 2005 Jimny M16A VVT, 235 BFG MT, 2" Trailmaster, ARB rear lck, 17%/87% high/low gears.
Last edit: 24 Apr 2023 20:55 by yakuza.

More
24 Apr 2023 20:48 #248824 by Bradders91
I breathed a sigh of relief after managing to bring my silver jimny on 33'' wheels back from the dead...... i filled it with diesel and ran it for a 30 miles before things went very badly....

It lives on!!

More
27 Apr 2023 17:54 #248853 by gv42
The very nice man at HIB exhausts (Sean) on Anglesey, made and fitted this custom stainless steel exhaust system, dual exit , it sounds and looks brilliant!

Jimny 2003, and 2013

More
30 Apr 2023 12:34 #248891 by Dodger
I fitted a reverse camera to my SZ5 I purchased of the forum, not an essential bit of kit but nice to have as when I’m on farms dogs always seem to run behind you at the last second when reversing.
really easy to fit and the video on here was really helpful to watch before hand and sped up the process.

More
01 May 2023 19:11 #248916 by yakuza

Swapped my rusty and leaky shock absorber that had left an awful mark on the floor.
Trailmaster 50mm jimny is the same length as the 50mm SJ it seems. Had to adjust the bushings on the ends but it is Just so I can get to Denmark and back. Will be ordering New ones and those will be rust treated!

Norway 2005 Jimny M16A VVT, 235 BFG MT, 2" Trailmaster, ARB rear lck, 17%/87% high/low gears.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Soeley

Time to create page: 0.424 seconds