BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Re:What did you do to your jimny today?

• justintime441
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
21 Nov 2020 00:33 - 21 Nov 2020 00:36 #230246 by justintime441
Replied by justintime441 on topic What did you do to your jimny today?
Dropped the gearbox today after fighting with rounded and stripped bolts, especially on the exhaust. Had to put a flame to the flange and ice water on the bolt to get it to turn... gonna replace (hopefully bearings) inside as its making a strange noise in 1st only. Hopefully its got its teeth intact. Anyone have tips on diagnosing the internals? Also changing clutch, throwout bearing, pressure plate, rear seal etc.
Attachments:
Last edit: 21 Nov 2020 00:36 by justintime441.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Hypertensive Cellist
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
21 Nov 2020 13:29 #230251 by Hypertensive Cellist
Replied by Hypertensive Cellist on topic What did you do to your jimny today?
Fitted a roof rack from Raptor 4x4, the most needed wind fairer(!) plus lights. (later to be wired by someone else...).
Attachments:

More
21 Nov 2020 13:36 #230252 by Soeley
Having big mirrors is great, but when wet and reversing into the garage they are useless due to the wet surface. I know drivers side is easy to wipe off, but a faff for passenger side. So I decided to give these films a go.

Mirror Film

Pretty good value considering how many mirrors you can do with the kit. The Big pieces are big enough to do the entire Jimny mirror.

Just done one side to see how it performs on the road.

Without film, wet with a spray bottle.

Same again but with flash.

Protective film still on to get an idea of coverage.

With film in place, wet with a spray bottle.

Again with film and flash, you can see the reflection much better due to much less glare from the flash.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: justintime441

More
21 Nov 2020 14:40 #230254 by Dirtbird

JBradders wrote: Not today, but a couple of weeks ago I added a game rack across the rear seatbelt mounts, and a shelf to the back door.....

Nothing fancy but I just joined the forum and thought I'd better post *something*.

I'm planning on doing something like this on the driver's side...

As it seems like it'll create quite a decent sized storage compartment that can be easily accessed. It'll be above the wheel arch so won't really affect boot space at all.

Has anyone done anything similar? How easy is the rear window to remove without breaking? (I'm guessing the usual bike brake cable trick will do the job)

I'm thinking of reusing the existing window glass and bonding the hinges & latch directly to it so that from the outside it looks totally standard.

...Might not make a start on this till spring though in case it takes longer than expected and I have to spend any time driving about with a missing rear quarter glass.

Amazing what you get into a Jimny

Out wintering cattle on a hill side last year and this was the only way of getting hay to them . A kind of meals on wheels.

Heavy Duty Transfer Box Brackets, 2-inch Black Raptor lift kit, caster adjusters, Rust removed and stich welded new sections. Galvanised Chassis. Body,Engine,transmission swap. Anti Rollbar Roll / Sway Bar / DAVES ARB disconnect kit.Osram Night Breaker Head light mod and white 501 led side lights.
Attachments:

More
21 Nov 2020 15:07 - 21 Nov 2020 15:14 #230255 by Scimike
To quote Mrs Potato head I "packed my angry eyes, just in case" onto our Jimny. The light covers hide the sun damage nicely and makes the Jimny look angry, which is an ideal representation of our stage in life. Angry about everything, the state of the world and my future pension. I can always turn to crime.

To stop me descending further into madness I also Declared WAR, on all the rattles I've just put up with over the last two years. Ah the temporary silence :laugh:

Yokohama Geolanders, Sony head unit, NAUTILUS Air Horn, DRL conversion, Rear cargo space, Elvis Bobblehead, transfer Guard, Indian hanging Elephant, Koni Heavy track dampers, Custom SS exhaust, Voodoo Doll, Adventure Rack with LED ight bar, vintage ERIBA caravan usually attached (yes it's slow)
Attachments:
Last edit: 21 Nov 2020 15:14 by Scimike.

More
21 Nov 2020 15:16 #230256 by Roger Fairclough
Hi Soeley,

What are the small mirrors under your main mirrors?

Roger

More
21 Nov 2020 15:58 #230258 by Soeley

More
21 Nov 2020 19:06 #230261 by Roger Fairclough
Cheers Soeley.

Are you happy with them?

Roger

More
21 Nov 2020 19:41 #230265 by Soeley
Yes for the money they are very good. Not used them in anger as I am only driving once a week to do the shopping at the moment. Seems daft but this is one of the things I have been trying hardest to get since I got my Jimny. They differ from the JDM in the fact the passenger side does not have the front wheel view.

More
21 Nov 2020 20:25 #230269 by Roger Fairclough
Cheers Soeley.

The reason for my interest is that I have moved the interior mirror sideways on as the improved vision to the middle left corner outweighs the reduced vision to the rear, so any attachment to improve the latter would be useful.

Roger

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
26 Nov 2020 12:27 #230416 by Lambert
Replacement nsr wheel cylinder today in readiness for the mot on the 9th. Surprisingly the union came undone without totaling the hard line which was nice.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
28 Nov 2020 23:29 #230483 by Dirtbird
Started to refurb the front brakes on the way to taking out the front axle for a clean and paint.

Heavy Duty Transfer Box Brackets, 2-inch Black Raptor lift kit, caster adjusters, Rust removed and stich welded new sections. Galvanised Chassis. Body,Engine,transmission swap. Anti Rollbar Roll / Sway Bar / DAVES ARB disconnect kit.Osram Night Breaker Head light mod and white 501 led side lights.
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.421 seconds