BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Re:What did you do to your jimny today?

• GuardianAngel
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
29 Nov 2014 16:17 #130910 by GuardianAngel
Replied by GuardianAngel on topic Re:Re: What did you do to your jimny today

helijohn wrote:

GuardianAngel wrote: Converted my vacuum hubs to fixed hubs Tested on a slippery up hill lane I got stuck on the other night as one of my manual hubs refused to lock.

Hadn't you engaged them beforehand?? :whistle:

Yes but when I took them off today, one side was not locking at all when the dial was turned on the hub.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Nov 2014 17:03 #130919 by helijohn

GuardianAngel wrote: Yes but when I took them off today, one side was not locking at all when the dial was turned on the hub.

When I got mine used I did a teardown because one of them was not "working right" and sticking and found the internals were not assembled correctly. As I recall it was to do with the spring not locating well. Often the springs get broken apparently. It's partly (10%) why I leave them permanently engaged, that way I know they are working.

Do it right - use Hammerite
When the blue light is flashing I am kidding.
The following user(s) said Thank You: GuardianAngel

• Tomhorntoad
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
29 Nov 2014 17:54 #130930 by Tomhorntoad
Replied by Tomhorntoad on topic Re:Re: What did you do to your jimny today
Took my jim out on its maden voyage with me :)
Attachments:

• Dean1994
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
29 Nov 2014 18:17 #130939 by Dean1994
Replied by Dean1994 on topic Re:Re: What did you do to your jimny today
Dropped the engine oil today and changed the oil filter refilled with some Lucas Stop Leak and Mobil Super 2000 10w-40 semi oil also fitted some Bosch Super plugs running better and sounds sweet good job well done!! :cheer:

• BigAndy
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
29 Nov 2014 20:39 #130960 by BigAndy
Replied by BigAndy on topic What did you do to your jimny today
Got the 215 75 Camac A/Ts on. Bring on the mud (and snow)!

More
30 Nov 2014 14:01 #131046 by ml1275
Made a thing to keep the back door open when parked on a slope.

20mm conduit, 170mm long - split lengthways. Slide over the back door ram as below:

Genius
Attachments:

• Carrow
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
30 Nov 2014 15:07 #131050 by Carrow
Replied by Carrow on topic Re:What did you do to your jimny today
removed headlights off my '08 plate to clean rust up behind. little worse than I expected, MOT due soon! :huh:

Attachments:

More
30 Nov 2014 19:03 #131099 by kirkynut

GuardianAngel wrote: Converted my vacuum hubs to fixed hubs as per Kirkynuts excellent thread. Tested on a slippery up hill lane I got stuck on the other night as one of my manual hubs refused to lock.

They worked ok then? No wobble caused by them?

Kirkynut

The underdog often starts the fight, and occasionally the upper dog deserves to win - Edgar Watson Howe.

My Jimny Thread Here: www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...on-continues?start=0
The following user(s) said Thank You: GuardianAngel

• GuardianAngel
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
30 Nov 2014 19:22 #131105 by GuardianAngel
Replied by GuardianAngel on topic Re:Re: What did you do to your jimny today

kirkynut wrote:

GuardianAngel wrote: Converted my vacuum hubs to fixed hubs as per Kirkynuts excellent thread. Tested on a slippery up hill lane I got stuck on the other night as one of my manual hubs refused to lock.

Kirkynut

So far so good. I have been up to 45mph with no noticeable wobble. The PVC tubing stuck in the back to keep the spline away from the magnet weighs almost nothing.

More
30 Nov 2014 20:15 #131110 by kirkynut

GuardianAngel wrote:

kirkynut wrote:

Kirkynut

So far so good. I have been up to 45mph with no noticeable wobble. The PVC tubing stuck in the back to keep the spline away from the magnet weighs almost nothing.

Goody Gum Drops! I couldn't see anything to go wrong if something light is used to stop the gear sliding back but I don't want to be responsible for something going wrong!

Kirkynut

The underdog often starts the fight, and occasionally the upper dog deserves to win - Edgar Watson Howe.

My Jimny Thread Here: www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...on-continues?start=0

• gaz3359
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
30 Nov 2014 22:48 #131135 by gaz3359
Replied by gaz3359 on topic What did you do to your jimny today
Take it swimming...

Attachments:

• jim
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
01 Dec 2014 03:01 #131153 by jim

jonesyba420 wrote:

kirkynut wrote:

jonesyba420 wrote: Used it as a baracade while my girlfriend changed a snapped rear stub axle on her nova by the the side of a 60mph country road.............in the dark!!!!

Your girlfriend is my kind of girl for two reasons:

she drives a Nova, my first and one of my favourite cars, here's the one I built in 2005/06.

File Attachment:

and the fact that she fixes it, not you!

Cool lass!

Kirkynut

Thanks for the kind comments ill pass them on to her lol.

Thats a nice lookin nova kirky, what was it?

Heres my girlfriends:

Bit different to that now but i dont have a recent pic other than:

Serious camber lol.

Its a 1.3SR.

love the hot hatches! heres my 205 gti 1.9 Mi16

Time to create page: 0.405 seconds