BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

cheep lobster on ebay

• reaper
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
06 Dec 2012 18:56 #55034 by reaper
cheep lobster on ebay was created by reaper
The ebay item id given is invalid, no result has been sentDont know who's version this is or if a self build but cheep at twice the price

Item No 110985649471 for those who carnt see the link

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• BigMat
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
06 Dec 2012 21:32 #55047 by BigMat
Replied by BigMat on topic cheep lobster on ebay
Sold or should I say bought :P

• reaper
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
06 Dec 2012 21:44 #55049 by reaper
Replied by reaper on topic cheep lobster on ebay
Did you find out the origins ? Interested to know

• BigMat
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
06 Dec 2012 21:55 #55051 by BigMat
Far as the guy knew it was from Scotland and his pal got it him and he used it in trialling with his sons Works a treat just needs a paint and a speedo drive.

• Rockwatt
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
07 Dec 2012 07:08 #55060 by Rockwatt
Replied by Rockwatt on topic cheep lobster on ebay
it's not one of mine so no idea how the lobsterizing was done ! Might be good might be junk. some that have been done out of true may be ok at slow speeds for offroad only but quickly self destruct when used on the road.

I had one sent to me with problems a few weeks ago and it turned out it was only but welded !! I'd hate to think the carnage that would cause if it failed at 60mph cos when the weld breaks the gears spread and blow the case apart. much worse than stripping the teeth on a gear ! As you only loose drive when that happens.

• bigoffroader
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
07 Dec 2012 08:30 #55061 by bigoffroader
Replied by bigoffroader on topic cheep lobster on ebay
Not one of mine either, it was cheap though, thought about getting it and servicing it myself but one half having a new casing had me thinking why? So thought id let someone else take a chance as it was more than it costs me to get the donner boxes. But if it was done correctly it's a good buy if not it's a good door stop. Give it the once over before using it Matt, test all the gears, new oil and seals. Then go and play with it, and hopefully enjoy.

• BigMat
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
07 Dec 2012 12:16 #55078 by BigMat
My pals going to give it the once over for me when i get it and the seller seems a genuine guy, but thought worth a punt and I guess if it doesn't work out that's what i get for trying to do it all on a limited budget haha :)

Time to create page: 0.090 seconds