BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

More torque?

• Docmartin4x4
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
04 Dec 2012 21:54 #54858 by Docmartin4x4
More torque? was created by Docmartin4x4
Is there a modification out there that would give me a bit more power, i have be been told that a re map of the ECU is not possible on the Jimny?
Mart

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Dec 2012 21:58 - 04 Dec 2012 21:59 #54861 by supergaz
Replied by supergaz on topic More torque?
A friend of mine does re-mapping (Protune) and cannot do my jimny. So the answer is to fit an engine from the Liana as it is the same but a 1.6
This is my job for next year :silly:
Last edit: 04 Dec 2012 21:59 by supergaz.

• Licksan
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
04 Dec 2012 22:18 #54869 by Licksan
Replied by Licksan on topic More torque?
1.6 With A Supercharger! :woohoo: :evil:

• bluejimny
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
04 Dec 2012 22:18 #54870 by bluejimny
Replied by bluejimny on topic More torque?
some one told me he had his "chipped" before he rolled it and it went well, but didn't ask any more about it so wondering if they can (with certain software)

a quick google reveals you man

Stock ECU is easily reprogrammed using a BDM interface, what I am currently working on is reprogramming using the diagnostic link. The Jimny ECU that I have already looked at has this capability but it is intended for factory use and is not brought out to the front connector although this is a fairly trivial problem. Later ECUs and Spanish ECUs may have the necessary pins on the connector. I haven't published much information on the Jimny ECU yet but here is the page:

www.rhinopower.org/ECUs/81A11/81A11.html

The BDM adapter costs about $10 and the software that is required is free from Psyche on TLzone.net on ECUprojects.com. For modifying maps I use TunerPro RT which is also free.

Denso 3260 injector is 185cc/min @3bar, you would need something like a 3400 to get 250cc/min but you would need to check the fit. There is a guy called ItsDamo on RedlineGTI who ran a turbo on a G16B Baleno, I think he modified his manifold to take Subaru injectors, it would be worth sending him a PM.
Emanage Greddy is a 'piggy-back' unit, it allows limited tuning of the stock ECU by adjusting the inputs and outputs. The problem is that there is a limit to how much you can cheat the ECU before it detects a fault and drops to backup mode.

• Docmartin4x4
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
04 Dec 2012 22:37 #54872 by Docmartin4x4
Replied by Docmartin4x4 on topic More torque?
Might be a little over the top.......might just drop my scooby engine in!!!
It's just that i used to do a lot of off roading but always had Land rovers running with V8's and I feel very underpowered. I pick my Jimny up tomorrow, so we'll see then eh!

• Docmartin4x4
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
04 Dec 2012 22:38 #54873 by Docmartin4x4
Replied by Docmartin4x4 on topic More torque?
Might just look at that!! Cheers

• darthloachie
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
04 Dec 2012 23:28 #54877 by darthloachie
Replied by darthloachie on topic More torque?

Docmartin4x4 wrote: Might be a little over the top.......might just drop my scooby engine in!!!
It's just that i used to do a lot of off roading but always had Land rovers running with V8's and I feel very underpowered. I pick my Jimny up tomorrow, so we'll see then eh!

fit a rocklobster and you can give most defenders a run for their money - light weight makes up for lack of power :)

• reaper
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
05 Dec 2012 10:40 #54892 by reaper
Replied by reaper on topic More torque?

Docmartin4x4 wrote: Might be a little over the top.......might just drop my scooby engine in!!!

You will be suprised :-)
The jimny doesnt need a big v8 because unlike the landrover it doesnt weigh the same as a small country lol

• Jimny J
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
05 Dec 2012 11:13 #54895 by Jimny J
Replied by Jimny J on topic More torque?
Surely you can just stick it in low range? On the same note, is it ok to use first and second in low range to save going in and out of low range all the time?

• TomDK
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
05 Dec 2012 11:43 - 05 Dec 2012 11:44 #54901 by TomDK
Replied by TomDK on topic More torque?

Jimny J wrote: Surely you can just stick it in low range? On the same note, is it ok to use first and second in low range to save going in and out of low range all the time?

Why shouldn't it be safe?

You can use all 5.
Last edit: 05 Dec 2012 11:44 by TomDK.

• reaper
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
05 Dec 2012 11:46 #54902 by reaper
Replied by reaper on topic More torque?
As tom said you can use all 5 gears in low box but normally you only use 1st and 2nd anyway offroad or you may aswell be in high box :-)

• Jimny J
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
05 Dec 2012 13:39 #54913 by Jimny J
Replied by Jimny J on topic More torque?
Seemed to remember being told some years ago that you could only use 1st or it will break. Maybe it was in relation to a LR???

Time to create page: 0.106 seconds