BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

jimny assassin

• nicho
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
18 Nov 2012 13:21 - 18 Nov 2012 13:28 #53575 by nicho
jimny assassin was created by nicho
any pics of this cant find many ta or videos.or build pics
Last edit: 18 Nov 2012 13:28 by nicho.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• TomDK
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
18 Nov 2012 17:47 #53592 by TomDK
Replied by TomDK on topic jimny assassin
You mean the ORA Assassin right?

And also build threads on ORA forum

More
20 Nov 2012 19:33 #53777 by Johnniehec
Replied by Johnniehec on topic jimny assassin
methinks he needs to drop the tyre pressure a lot :woohoo:

On the 8th Day God made the LandRover -
On the 9th day he swapped it for a Jimny.

More
21 Nov 2012 06:34 - 21 Nov 2012 06:36 #53811 by saxj
Replied by saxj on topic jimny assassin
The tyres do look rather hard
Last edit: 21 Nov 2012 06:36 by saxj. Reason: spelling

More
21 Nov 2012 22:44 #53875 by kirkynut
Replied by kirkynut on topic jimny assassin
Here are some of my piccies of Rob's Assassin at Slindon in the Mud Monsters Winch Challenge Series in 2011:

Using the Vector winch arrangement is a good way of only having one winch but being able to have the use of a winch front and back but I'd like to see one with 3 winches, lockers front and rear in the top class showing the Land Rover based trucks how to do it.

I'd love to have the money and time to build one to run in the Challenger 4x4 series but I think they have to be MOT'd in that Series, which is just a ball ache for such a motor.

The Mud Monsters www.mud-monsters.co.uk/Mud-Monsters/Winch_Challenges.html and the Suffolk Off Road Events www.facebook.com/S.O.R.E.4X4 series are good though, albeit they have less rounds. They are all in one area, reducing the travelling and thus costs involved though, which is important when funds are tight for most people!

Kirkynut

The underdog often starts the fight, and occasionally the upper dog deserves to win - Edgar Watson Howe.

My Jimny Thread Here: www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...on-continues?start=0

• Dan_w
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
22 Nov 2012 00:45 #53890 by Dan_w
Replied by Dan_w on topic jimny assassin
I may be being stupid but what is "Vector winch arrangement"

I guess it is a way of either routing a winch cable back under or through the car to make use of the same winch both front and rear, but how would this work? Would you have 2 separate cables on the same spool (can’t see how this would work) or is there one cable and you either use it straight out the winch or rerouted to the other end somehow?

More
22 Nov 2012 08:29 #53898 by kirkynut

Dan_w wrote: I may be being stupid but what is "Vector winch arrangement"

I guess it is a way of either routing a winch cable back under or through the car to make use of the same winch both front and rear, but how would this work? Would you have 2 separate cables on the same spool (can’t see how this would work) or is there one cable and you either use it straight out the winch or rerouted to the other end somehow?

Yes, that's right. The winch on Robs is at the rear and the rope is threaded to the front I believe through a tube and the hook can't come back through the fairlead and / or is hooked on somewhere. Then at the rear you grab a loop of rope off the drum by hand and feed it through the rear fairlead and attach it to a tree or wotnot via a snatch block.

Rockwatt has this on his famous SJ "Zero". Have a read of his build thread on Difflock.

Kirkynut

The underdog often starts the fight, and occasionally the upper dog deserves to win - Edgar Watson Howe.

My Jimny Thread Here: www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...on-continues?start=0

• Dan_w
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
23 Nov 2012 03:51 #53992 by Dan_w
Replied by Dan_w on topic jimny assassin
Kirkynut, thanks for the explanation.. makes perfect sense now and seems a good way to run both front and rear recovery from one winch.

I took a look at Redacted 's Zero SJ on Difflock and WOW what a machine :woohoo: , he has some serious fabrication skills and access to some great tools!!!

• Blakey
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
26 Nov 2012 23:11 - 26 Nov 2012 23:14 #54266 by Blakey
Replied by Blakey on topic jimny assassin
Here is a pic of mine

File Attachment:

Its running hilux front axle with ARB,hydro steer, and other bits. The rear is a landcruiser axle with ARB and then 6.5.1 transfer box and 37" swampers

Running the same winch setup as Rob's and works really well just looking at adding a centre winch for next year for more technical sections. B)
Last edit: 26 Nov 2012 23:14 by Blakey.

• TomDK
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
26 Nov 2012 23:54 #54267 by TomDK
Replied by TomDK on topic jimny assassin

Blakey wrote: Here is a pic of mine

Its running hilux front axle with ARB,hydro steer, and other bits. The rear is a landcruiser axle with ARB and then 6.5.1 transfer box and 37" swampers

Running the same winch setup as Rob's and works really well just looking at adding a centre winch for next year for more technical sections. B)

Awesome ride Blakey :-)
What engine is installed? Standard Jimny?

• Barnyzuki
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
27 Nov 2012 00:34 #54269 by Barnyzuki
Replied by Barnyzuki on topic jimny assassin
Not really a Jimny anymore is it.

More
27 Nov 2012 01:39 #54271 by kirkynut
Where do you compete Blakey? In what Series?

Barneyzuki, it is and it isn't I suppose.

Still a good bit of kit for winch challenges!

Kirkynut

Time to create page: 0.134 seconds