BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

1.6 vitara to Jimny

• russell
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
07 Nov 2012 13:12 #52564 by russell
1.6 vitara to Jimny was created by russell
Hey I was wondering if any 1 had fitted a vitara 1.6 into a Jimny I recently perchased a 1.6 to fit in my Jimny the block looks like it will bolt straight in pretty much but when you look close there's alot of differences electrically more than anything I'm a plant and heavy machinery mechanic so it's no issue I was just on a advice hunt

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Dave cc
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
07 Nov 2012 13:26 #52565 by Dave cc
Replied by Dave cc on topic 1.6 vitara to Jimny
8 valve or 16 valve Vitara engine ? if its a 8 valve you need to get piston pockets put in.
Other than that more or less nut and bolt job mix and match sort of fits but only sort of :unsure:
I reckon better just to swap jimny head onto block saves a lot of sodding about but you will need green baleno injectors or will run like crap

• russell
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
07 Nov 2012 17:20 #52570 by russell
Replied by russell on topic 1.6 vitara to Jimny
Wow so the 1.3 head fits ? That makes things simpler if it dose

• Dave cc
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
07 Nov 2012 22:40 #52618 by Dave cc
Yep bolts straight onto a vit 16v block just need to use the 1600 belt and cam cover and a 1600 head gasket

• russell
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
08 Nov 2012 14:15 #52644 by russell
That sounds pretty good saves a lot of whirring problems and mess. Gear box wise looking at the back of the bit box once split from the t box the rear of the box looks very similar was wondering if I can fit the rare case of the Jimny box to the rear of the vit box because the vitaras seem alot easyer on the engine at cruzing speed in the higher gears other wise even tho it's a 1.6 it will still be revving its nuts off at 65! Do you know of anywhere online or any body who has a set of these " green injectors"?

• Dave cc
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
08 Nov 2012 22:45 - 08 Nov 2012 22:46 #52677 by Dave cc
Dont think Vit and jimny boxes are interchangable in any way but may stand corrected.
Upping the size/dia of your tyres will help your road gearing but will do nothing for your off road gearing and will just put more strain on the clutch
Last edit: 08 Nov 2012 22:46 by Dave cc. Reason: spelling

• russell
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
08 Nov 2012 23:15 #52686 by russell
Yea i know what about diff ratios? And mines a 8 valve will the 1.3 head still fit?

• Dave cc
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
08 Nov 2012 23:29 #52688 by Dave cc
Nope you need pockets in the pistons will be a very short 1st run otherwise :sick:
8 valve has 2 pockets per piston 16 valve has four pockets per piston you will need to get the pockets milled into the piston crowns

• Dave cc
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
08 Nov 2012 23:32 #52689 by Dave cc
Dont know about diff ratios thought they were all same on UK manual jimnys Autos may be diffrent im on G axles so not really looked into it sorry

• russell
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
09 Nov 2012 06:48 #52696 by russell
Thankyou once again guys its a great help I only payed 50£ for the engine and I know it's a good 1 and the box so I can afford some serious tinkering best I pull the head off at the weekend send the pistons away and track down some of these injectors then why there beging sorted I can look deeper into the gearboxes

• Dave cc
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
09 Nov 2012 07:58 #52699 by Dave cc
Well worth it ive done a few now the old 8 valve bottom ends seemed to have been a lot less stressed than some of the 16 valves and are still in A1 condition to be honest get a old 8v block bolt the jimny head to it is a cheap upgrade

Give these guys a ring on the injector front may be able to help www.dacarsuzuki.com/

• russell
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
09 Nov 2012 19:24 #52724 by russell
Awsome Thankyou for that link in quite excited to get stuck into build me a bit of a hybread jimny what about 16 v pistons don't they fit the 8 v block

Time to create page: 0.101 seconds