BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Bungle Boori trip in a fortnight

• ZookFastback
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
27 Oct 2012 22:58 - 27 Oct 2012 23:03 #51467 by ZookFastback
Bungle Boori trip in a fortnight was created by ZookFastback
Heading up the old Bungle Boori mail route in a fortnight. About 25% of the trip will be in the Bungle Boori Creek, which mostly consists of rounded granite pebbles with water between 6" and 24" deep. The track starts about 30 k's east of Seymour, which is about 200 k's north of Frankston where I live so it is only about 2 1/2 hours away. Taking a chainsaw and comealong as there was a bushfire there a few years back and some of the trees fell into the creek. Don't like loading down my Jimny so will carry minimum kit for the 2-3 day trip. Just a swag, cannister cooker and disposable gas cartridges, whistling kettle and pot, mug, sleeping bag, coffee-in-a-tube, wind-up torch, noodles and tinned food, cutlery, spices, make some damper etc. Water from creek, collapsible rod and fish lures and, of course, the Aeroguard for the mossies.

Put the 66cm aerial on for CB and tell my mate where I will be. Also take a hand-held CB in case I get into trouble, that way I can walk up one of the peaks and call for help.

The usual rescue gear, set of ring/open enders, Pliers, bolt cutters, bush-saw, screwdrivers, mirror and whistle, tyre repair kit. 2 cylinder air-compressor with 3m line, tyre deflators set to 15psi. I have an electric winch but will leave that home as I am taking the comealong which is more versatile, lighter and allows me to move trees out of the way. Bullbag for unbogging and tyre-changing.

www.geodata.us/australia_names_maps/auma...&name=Bungle%20Boori

File Attachment:
Last edit: 27 Oct 2012 23:03 by ZookFastback. Reason: Left a bit out

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• markyp2000
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
27 Oct 2012 23:04 #51468 by markyp2000
Replied by markyp2000 on topic Bungle Boori trip in a fortnight
why take another mirror when you have 3 on the car?

• ZookFastback
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
27 Oct 2012 23:08 #51469 by ZookFastback
Replied by ZookFastback on topic Bungle Boori trip in a fortnight

markyp2000 wrote: why take another mirror when you have 3 on the car?

My kit mirror is stainless steel, 2" x 3". Used for signalling, instantly available, plus... I fall over sometimes and last thing I would want in my pocket is a glass mirror.

• Tadpole
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
28 Oct 2012 09:53 #51473 by Tadpole
Replied by Tadpole on topic Bungle Boori trip in a fortnight
Heading up the old Bungle Boori mail route in a fortnight.

Have fun & stay safe, looking forward to hearing all about it when you get back.
Be sure to take some pics for us land starved guys ...... ;)

• ZookFastback
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
28 Oct 2012 10:35 #51474 by ZookFastback
Replied by ZookFastback on topic Bungle Boori trip in a fortnight

Tadpole wrote: Heading up the old Bungle Boori mail route in a fortnight.

Have fun & stay safe, looking forward to hearing all about it when you get back.
Be sure to take some pics for us land starved guys ...... ;)

Lol @ Tadpole. Land starved indeed! You have all of Europe and the Middle East and even Asia and Africa to travel without getting your feet wet thanks to the chunnel.

I am stuck on an Island Continent 4100 k's wide by 3180 k's long.

Hmmm, just looked up Wikipedia and it says the population density of the UK is 256 people/square Kilometre. Oz population density is... 3 people/square Kilometre. :woohoo: Where do they fit the extra 253 people? :ohmy:

Maybe you better plan a trip down under so ya can let your belt out a bit :D

Source...
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_sovereign_...y_population_density

Time to create page: 0.079 seconds