BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

spare wheels and tyres help

• elgringo
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
17 Oct 2012 15:32 #50570 by elgringo
Replied by elgringo on topic spare wheels and tyres help
I was having the same quandary as you. After reading posts, different websites, asking mates etc. I was still undecided.

After posting on here, Maxxis 753 Bravos were recommended to me, so I bit the bullet and put a pair on today, sized 205/75 15 with a pair of 15x7 modular wheels.

Only road mileage so far, nice feeling, slightly firmer than the ones they replaced. Road noise is up, but really not by much. I would say that they are an aggressive AT as opposed to a full mud tyre.

Hope that helps.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Headless
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
17 Oct 2012 16:03 #50574 by Headless
Replied by Headless on topic spare wheels and tyres help
Yes it does Elgringo, thanks,I've just seen your piccy on your thread about the Maxxis tyres, they look wicked and just what I'm after, even down to the black steelies.
If I'm not being too cheeky, where did you get them and how much for the tyres and wheels combined, if you don't want to post on the forum, I presume you can send me a PM, I'm new here but am a member on other furums and they all have the Private Message facility.
Cheers.
El

• elgringo
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
17 Oct 2012 16:10 #50575 by elgringo
No probs, 5 tyres and 5 wheels with fitting, balancing and delivery were £606 from Tyres Direct, 01582 585845.

Ordered Sunday night, here and on the car today!

• Headless
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
17 Oct 2012 16:13 #50576 by Headless
Replied by Headless on topic spare wheels and tyres help
Thanks for that, sounds good to me, I might be giving them a ring sometime soon, I just need the Jimny first, I don't pick it up til Monday...and I'm on about modding it already, I can't help myself!!!!

• elgringo
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
17 Oct 2012 16:16 #50577 by elgringo
Good one!

More
17 Oct 2012 16:56 - 17 Oct 2012 17:08 #50579 by dirtydogz
Hi HEADLESS I run Maxxis M/T all year round and they are great in the snow, but as you have said your Jimny has no spring lift, so if it was my jimny l would fit some 205/70/15 Maxxis trepador on a set of standard jimny steel wheels from Tyres Direct.Tel 01582 585 845
tyresdirectuk.co.uk/shop/product-info.php?prodname=&id=16551

ELGRINGO lower the tyres down to 20 psi this make the ride a little bit softer.

2002 JLX Soft Top B)
Jimnybits 2" lift +Pro Comp ES1000 shocks.:) Big Jimny rear shock mounts. Big Jimny adjustable panhard rods.
Big Jimny steering damper bracket. Disco Armstrong steering damper. 7X15 black modulars. 205/75/15 Maxxis 743 bravo m/t.Superpro camber correction bushes.Black A bar....
Attachments:
Last edit: 17 Oct 2012 17:08 by dirtydogz.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Headless

Time to create page: 0.088 seconds