BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

lower front end

• stevedumptruck63
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
08 Aug 2012 19:05 #45733 by stevedumptruck63
lower front end was created by stevedumptruck63
hi guys,
i was looking at the jim today from the side and noticed the front end is quite a bit lower than the back,
this is probably due to the weight of the ORA front bumper the winch and steel winch cable,just wondering if i ought to fit 1" spring spacers to the front to bring it up level,i have noticed the front tyres do catch sometimes on the inner arch when under extreme articulation,what are your thoughts,
steve :evil:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Aug 2012 19:30 #45739 by dirtydogz
Replied by dirtydogz on topic Re: lower front end

2002 JLX Soft Top B)
Jimnybits 2" lift +Pro Comp ES1000 shocks.:) Big Jimny rear shock mounts. Big Jimny adjustable panhard rods.
Big Jimny steering damper bracket. Disco Armstrong steering damper. 7X15 black modulars. 205/75/15 Maxxis 743 bravo m/t.Superpro camber correction bushes.Black A bar....
Attachments:

• stevedumptruck63
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
08 Aug 2012 20:02 #45747 by stevedumptruck63
Replied by stevedumptruck63 on topic Re: lower front end
i was thinking 15mm or 25mm dont you think 1/12" might lift it too high. steve :evil:

• markyp2000
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
08 Aug 2012 22:41 #45756 by markyp2000
Replied by markyp2000 on topic Re: lower front end
see if you had brought a full proper suspension lift kit ora the springs are made to take the weight of all that stuff and a roll cage so no sagging

• TomDK
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
08 Aug 2012 22:43 #45757 by TomDK
Replied by TomDK on topic Re: lower front end

markyp2000 wrote: see if you had brought a full proper suspension lift kit ora the springs are made to take the weight of all that stuff and a roll cage so no sagging

In what way does that help him now ?

• markyp2000
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
08 Aug 2012 22:54 #45759 by markyp2000
well he already nos the answer even nos what size spacers he want to fit so it is no use to him now my point is why pay money for some thing that isnt up to the job and then buy more parts to try and fix a problem that saving and spending more money to do the thing you want it to do first time i had my jimny 18 months with a poor quality 3" lift so i worked harder and save and went with out on many thing to buy a full kit that was 2 years ago and not one component has failed with the kit i fitted

• stevedumptruck63
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
09 Aug 2012 06:16 - 09 Aug 2012 06:24 #45765 by stevedumptruck63
markyp2000, what a reply!!!!!!
when i purchased the jimny it already had all the kit on.

i was not sure which size spacers to fit that is why i put the post on,to see if anyone had fitted a specific size spacer,
what i didnt expect was a rant from someone telling me i had bought the wrong stuff,
but hey i suppose we all like a rant at someone now and again. steve :evil:
Last edit: 09 Aug 2012 06:24 by stevedumptruck63.

• reaper
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
09 Aug 2012 06:36 #45766 by reaper
Replied by reaper on topic Re: lower front end
Mine has done the same mate , just bought 4 2" saucers so if you want 2 let me know

• reaper
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
09 Aug 2012 06:38 #45767 by reaper
Replied by reaper on topic Re: lower front end
Spacers lol dam auto correct

• markyp2000
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
09 Aug 2012 16:58 #45793 by markyp2000
hi steve

wasnt ment to be a rant if you had said it had a lift kit when you brought it i wouldnt have said most of what was said like i said mine had a lift lit when i got mine it sagged more than a grannys t*t and it already had 2" spacers in it is yours sagging on one side or is it even drop on the front cos you may find if you put a pair of spacers in it the same size it may still sag low on the drivers side you may need say a 2" on the drivers side and may be only a 1" on the passangers

• stevedumptruck63
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
09 Aug 2012 18:20 #45800 by stevedumptruck63
i have had a good think about it today,and think iam going to go for exactly what you have sugested
2" drivers side and 1" passenger side and see how it looks. steve :evil:

• markyp2000
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
09 Aug 2012 18:37 #45802 by markyp2000
measure from the center of each hub to the bottom of the wheel arch in a stright line and take the mesure ment then try jacking the body up with 2 jacks one on ether side till you think the hight is good and remeasure the hight then take away the lowest mesurment on ether side then that should give you what sort of size spacer you need

Time to create page: 0.107 seconds