BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

broken front shocker mount

More
02 Jul 2012 18:33 - 02 Jul 2012 18:33 #43407 by supergaz
I want some please Mr Butler! Galvanised would be nice ;-)
Last edit: 02 Jul 2012 18:33 by supergaz.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• markyp2000
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
02 Jul 2012 18:49 #43409 by markyp2000
Replied by markyp2000 on topic Re: broken front shocker mount

g187eev wrote: We could probably come up with a hd solution for this quite easily if there was a demand.

RB

are you talking about the pic i put up meaning making them or just new hd mounts to weld on if your making things like in the pic id have some

More
14 Jul 2012 15:45 #44156 by Obarno
I too would have some - prefably bolt on like the pic.

Manual VVT, 2 1/2" lift, ORA castor corrected arms, 2" ORA body lift, 4:1 transfer box, Uprated front shafts & CVs ERM , ARBs back & front 3.9 diffs, 6 point cage, ORA winch bumper - Superwinch EP9, ORA rear bumper, ORA axle truses, Diff guards ERM , TBR tank guard, Snorkel, Kumho KL71.30.9.50 15

• ianR
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 Oct 2012 22:08 #50391 by ianR
Replied by ianR on topic Re: broken front shocker mount
Did anyone make these, as i would like a set ??

• g187eev
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 Oct 2012 12:50 #50421 by g187eev
Replied by g187eev on topic Re: broken front shocker mount
Sorry for the late reply guys.

I think these are a great idea and yes we'd be happy to produce a batch and see how much interest we get... We'd just have to make sure the numbers add up first, as folks just don't seem to want to pay what things are worth these days.

What do you think would be a reasonable RRP on a pair of these with fittings?

RB
ORA

More
16 Oct 2012 13:46 #50429 by supergaz
For a bolt on part like in the picture, id say £30 ish. Only you know your production costs and markup.

• g187eev
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 Oct 2012 14:06 #50431 by g187eev
Yup, but it's always nice to get an idea as to what the customer considers good value for money... not meaning silly cheap, but good value.

RB

• Smoggy
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 Oct 2012 14:28 #50434 by Smoggy
Replied by Smoggy on topic Re: broken front shocker mount

g187eev wrote: Sorry for the late reply guys.

I think these are a great idea and yes we'd be happy to produce a batch and see how much interest we get... We'd just have to make sure the numbers add up first, as folks just don't seem to want to pay what things are worth these days.

RB
ORA

Hope that wasn't a dig at me :laugh:

• Paul4x4
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 Oct 2012 14:38 #50435 by Paul4x4
Replied by Paul4x4 on topic Re: broken front shocker mount

g187eev wrote: Yup, but it's always nice to get an idea as to what the customer considers good value for money... not meaning silly cheap, but good value.

RB

I just received my first order from you(t-case fitting kit+skid plate), and I must say at first I thought the price was a bit too much for just a couple pieces of metal and a few nuts and bolts. I could have fabricated everything myself, no problem, but being so lazy these days(getting old or something :whistle: ) I decided to go for your stuff. But when the courier brought the package, it was easy to justify the price! All the parts were topnotch, and I can see that someone really spent a few CAD hours designing everything! And all the small stuff was sorted into nice looking plastic bags including clear instructions and all. I must say I wasn't expecting to get such quality!

I might even say your stuff is TOO GOOD, because I could have done even without all those nuts and bolts, nice packagings and instructions! Money well spent, and I will surely order again when I need something and get too lazy to fab my own parts... :)

Thank you, and keep up the good work! B)

• g187eev
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 Oct 2012 14:54 #50438 by g187eev

Paul4x4 wrote:

g187eev wrote: Yup, but it's always nice to get an idea as to what the customer considers good value for money... not meaning silly cheap, but good value.

RB

I just received my first order from you(t-case fitting kit+skid plate), and I must say at first I thought the price was a bit too much for just a couple pieces of metal and a few nuts and bolts. I could have fabricated everything myself, no problem, but being so lazy these days(getting old or something :whistle: ) I decided to go for your stuff. But when the courier brought the package, it was easy to justify the price! All the parts were topnotch, and I can see that someone really spent a few CAD hours designing everything! And all the small stuff was sorted into nice looking plastic bags including clear instructions and all. I must say I wasn't expecting to get such quality!

I might even say your stuff is TOO GOOD, because I could have done even without all those nuts and bolts, nice packagings and instructions! Money well spent, and I will surely order again when I need something and get too lazy to fab my own parts... :)

Thank you, and keep up the good work! B)

wow! We're all very flattered Paul! Thank you for your kind words! It's really nice to hear feedback from a happy customer :)

Thank you!

• g187eev
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 Oct 2012 14:57 #50439 by g187eev

Smoggy wrote:

g187eev wrote: Sorry for the late reply guys.

RB
ORA

Hope that wasn't a dig at me :laugh:

no not at all mate... it's hard times for everyone and if you can do it cheaper somehow then it all makes a difference. no dig intended at all.

• markyp2000
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 Oct 2012 17:07 #50452 by markyp2000
Replied by markyp2000 on topic Re: broken front shocker mount
id have a set as my mounts have cracked iv welded them up but a bit of extra surport wouldnt hurt is this price for a pair or single supergaz you was thinking of?

Time to create page: 0.159 seconds