BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Fitting Radius arm bracket Guards/Armour

• myers647
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 Jun 2012 16:56 #42343 by myers647
Hi I just got some Radius arm bracket Guards. They fit just with the single bolt as Im sure you all know,My question is do I need to jack the Jimny up to remove the bolt or can I do it with the Jimny sat on the floor? :huh:

Thanks
James

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Jun 2012 17:29 #42346 by j999pre
I jacked mine up and put an able stand under the axle and one under the chassis. Then you can wiggle the arm to get the bolt hole to line up again.

Gold Jimny the best colour (sold) :(

Big red Jimny 32" tyres, arbs, cage 5:1 transfer etc. (Sold)

Grey pick up Jimny
Turbo m13a, arbs, floating rear shafts, disc conversion rear, vented front conversion. 245 70 16. Winch, 3" lift, 4:16 trans hd shafts and CVS

More
14 Jun 2012 17:34 #42347 by supergaz
I just did mine on the floor as access underneath is easy with the lift.
You might struggle to get the bolts through and it needs a little prodging and the help of an impact gun is desirable.
You might have also got 2 more smaller bolts, I fitted these to the rear guards.

• renard38
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 Jun 2012 17:48 #42348 by renard38
Replied by renard38 on topic Re: Fitting Radius arm bracket Guards/Armour
I do it with the Jimny sat on the floor

File Attachment:

• myers647
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 Jun 2012 18:07 #42352 by myers647
Replied by myers647 on topic Re: Fitting Radius arm bracket Guards/Armour
Thats easy thenthis may be a really stupid question but what are the Lugs for on the ends of the Armour brackets. Iv not even put them up to the car yet to have a look??

Thanks
James

More
14 Jun 2012 21:21 #42374 by supergaz
The lugs line up with holes in the chassis rails. The guards are front left and right, rear left and right, so are all different.
If it don't fit then try another. The lugs locate the guards and they give added strength.
DON'T go cutting them.
Its one of my favorite mods, and i'd recommend them on a standard jimny if used lightly off road. :-)

• myers647
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 Jun 2012 18:35 #42427 by myers647
Thought thats what they were well at least something like that. Tomorrows Jobs are
1) front off side wheel bearing
2) Front shocker bushes change both sides
3) Radius arm bracket Guards to fit
4) Transfer box Armour Plate to fit

get these jobs done ready to go try out the New Off road site in Rothwell West Yorkshire just out side Wakefield. £20 per car any 4x4 welcome.
Should be a good day out on Sunday lookig forward to it.

thanks
James

More
15 Jun 2012 19:48 #42434 by supergaz
Don't rub it in James, I can't go out now for a while and there is nothing wrong with my jimny! ;-(

• myers647
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 Jun 2012 20:53 #42473 by myers647
Right got all my jobs done today. The wheel bearing well what a bugger that was to do. Obviously its been done befor. Its been done with a punch and not the proper socket tool because the socket I had with thanks to Rich wouldnt work because the holes where elongated. So i had to heat the ring up put the socket on and then use a pair of stillsons and brute force to undue the thing. The bearing came out really easy.
The tranny box guard went on it about 2 minutes very nice bit of kit (Jimnybits).
Radius arm bracket plates took a long time to fit as all my brackets where bent and twisted so each one had to be heated up and bent back into shape. everything on in place all looks very good and Im ow confident to try the new truck out tomorrow with Steve in his new truck.

Thanks
James

More
17 Jun 2012 00:01 #42482 by supergaz
I think the radius arm guards and transfer box guard are quality pieces of kit. Just need to get mine muddy! Soon I hope!

Time to create page: 0.121 seconds