BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

ORA got new site :-D

• g187eev
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 May 2012 18:05 #40084 by g187eev
Replied by g187eev on topic Re: ORA got new site :-D
Guys dont take things so serious :) with me its pretty much always tounge in cheek...

It just seems that you are so quick to criticize things before they are even in production and have a set price... and you know that we always have awesome promo's on the go so I am sure that the extreme bumper will not be out of everyones reach... RB :P :P :P

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 May 2012 18:15 - 12 May 2012 18:16 #40085 by kirkynut
Replied by kirkynut on topic Re: ORA got new site :-D
Goody gum drops then, but I do think it was feedback, not criticism though. So right back at ya on taking things so seriously. :)

Obarno, I imagine the extreme stuff will be legal, but nothing much is legal on a 2007 on motor!

Kirkynut

The underdog often starts the fight, and occasionally the upper dog deserves to win - Edgar Watson Howe.

My Jimny Thread Here: www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...on-continues?start=0
Last edit: 12 May 2012 18:16 by kirkynut.

• Sam_
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 May 2012 18:16 #40086 by Sam_
Replied by Sam_ on topic Re: ORA got new site :-D
Well I really like the look of the new bumper, and once I've paid for the boring bits like road tax i'm gonna start saving for one! Might be a bit over the top for pay and play days and greenlaning though but I don't mind! :)

• g187eev
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 May 2012 18:20 - 12 May 2012 18:20 #40087 by g187eev
Probably if the po po stated to read the constructions and usage act in a bit more depth and enforced it... pretty much everyones modified vehicles would not be legal... 4x4 or not...

So this is why all of our products are sold strictly for offroad use only...

Tin-o-worms! :laugh:
Last edit: 12 May 2012 18:20 by g187eev.

More
12 May 2012 18:20 #40088 by supergaz
Replied by supergaz on topic Re: ORA got new site :-D
Rob, I love my old type bumper, suits me perfect for pay & play and greenlaning, it would be a shame to see this product disappear. Its not in your face or wimpy like the original, can be painted any colour to suit all.

If I trash my jimny and decide to build another reusing my bumper, will you still have things like the chassis mounts available special order? I can see these being in demand in the future as jimnys are broken and bumpers ending up on ebay. No way would I bother attempt to grind off the mounts on mine.

More
12 May 2012 18:21 #40089 by Halford
Replied by Halford on topic Re: ORA got new site :-D
As many know I'm certainily no offroader but within the next couple of years my near road-going truck will be getting modded (as it gets to that certain age) and I'm wanting bumpers (front and rear) but these are mainly to serve as "F-oFFwarning deterents" to normal cars and "come on if you think your hard enough" speak to white van men (by the way, I like white van men, they're very handy sometimes).

so I'm guessing there maybe two markets here

one for you real dirty guys, and one for us blackstuff terrorists (quite catchy me thinks)

so I guess I'm saying, make me some bolt-on Monkey Bars for £150 and I'll be happy

Attachments:

• g187eev
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 May 2012 18:22 #40090 by g187eev

supergaz wrote: Rob, I love my old type bumper, suits me perfect for pay & play and greenlaning, it would be a shame to see this product disappear. Its not in your face or wimpy like the original, can be painted any colour to suit all.

If I trash my jimny and decide to build another reusing my bumper, will you still have things like the chassis mounts available special order? I can see these being in demand in the future as jimnys are broken and bumpers ending up on ebay. No way would I bother attempt to grind off the mounts on mine.

yup no problem supplying brackets.

RB

More
12 May 2012 18:36 #40091 by kirkynut
Replied by kirkynut on topic Re: ORA got new site :-D
I think it looks good too, but my point was pricing but Rob has answered that now.

I can't see Vosa or the Police having issue with most winch bumpers. Not unless they change the law, which they are fond of doing. You might not get one through an IVA but we don't have to meet those on vehicles not radically modified.

I can understand your caveat comments about for offroad use only Rob and we pay our money and take our choice!

Kirkynut

The underdog often starts the fight, and occasionally the upper dog deserves to win - Edgar Watson Howe.

My Jimny Thread Here: www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...on-continues?start=0

• Coletti
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 May 2012 20:22 #40096 by Coletti
Replied by Coletti on topic Re: ORA got new site :-D
You'll have to look it up for your self as I'm not completely certain on this but I think when I was looking into legalities on bumpers I think I read that any bumper with a winch comes under a different class as it is a utility for recovery rather than for protection? As I say I could be wrong so don't take my word for it but I'm sure I read something along those lines

• Rockwatt
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 May 2012 22:09 #40105 by Rockwatt
Replied by Rockwatt on topic Re: ORA got new site :-D

Coletti wrote: You'll have to look it up for your self as I'm not completely certain on this but I think when I was looking into legalities on bumpers I think I read that any bumper with a winch comes under a different class as it is a utility for recovery rather than for protection? As I say I could be wrong so don't take my word for it but I'm sure I read something along those lines

National grid and other big company's seem to get away with it. Winch bumpers are legal even if they are tubular ! The Gray line comes in when A bars and headlight surrounds are added.
You shouldn't have any probs with any lo profile winch bumper due to it having a legit reason for being there. I did hear rumurs that you may have to justify having a winch permanently fitted. so that could be another issue.

Time to create page: 0.114 seconds