BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Gatescarth Pass Closure

More
31 Jan 2009 17:51 #343 by kirkynut
Just a quick mention in case anyone has passes for Gatescarth this year - it's closed from April for 6 months... a right bugger considering we had passes for April and missed out on it last year due to a blown head gasket on our SJ in October!!!

Kirkynut

The underdog often starts the fight, and occasionally the upper dog deserves to win - Edgar Watson Howe.

My Jimny Thread Here: www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...on-continues?start=0

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Feb 2009 15:57 #347 by andyw
Replied by andyw on topic Re:Gatescarth Pass Closure
We had one for the 2nd of May,then it was moved to the 3rd of July, and now this,where gutted just hope it re-opens at some point

Andy

More
04 Feb 2009 18:49 #356 by kirkynut
Replied by kirkynut on topic Re:Gatescarth Pass Closure
I'm sure it's gonna re-open but you wanna get straight in there when the passes become available again as there will be lots more people after them.

I hope that they contact the people that they had given passes to before the closure to give them first choice over those applying freshly.

I think I'd like to walk it just to find out what the big deal is about as we've built it up in our minds after missing out once before and now again!!!

Have you done it before???

Kirky

The underdog often starts the fight, and occasionally the upper dog deserves to win - Edgar Watson Howe.

My Jimny Thread Here: www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...on-continues?start=0

More
04 Feb 2009 20:02 #360 by andyw
Hi,

Yes I hope it re-opens to, no i've not drivin it yet, but i wanted to have a look see a few years ago so we went in the car and tried to park at the south side but nowhere to park. All the space was taken by walkers.

Sounds like your coming from the north?, I would park at the north end, loads of parking compared plus a lot nearer for you. Try and get there earlyish if possible, hope it works out.

Andy

More
05 Feb 2009 21:09 #362 by kirkynut
Replied by kirkynut on topic Re:Gatescarth Pass Closure
We are travelling to the Lakes from Essex in the south but I don't know which way round our passes allowed us to travel, I think it was from the south though.

I shall bear this in mind and try to park at the north end if we do walk it. I have not mentioned walking it to my missus or the couple we are going to the Lakes with yet, so they may not wish to and thus we may not end up walking it anyway!!!

Cheers for the advice though

Kirky

More
06 Feb 2009 00:11 #365 by andyw
Sorry, for some reason I was thinking you were coming from the wilds of Scotland lol, if your staying near kendal or the south lakes, from the south it's a nice drive up the valley a bit narrow in places, but get there handy.

Andy;)

Time to create page: 0.114 seconds