BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Illegal parking (Words!!!!!!!!)

• OVA40STILLCUTE
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
19 Feb 2012 17:00 - 19 Feb 2012 18:59 #33773 by OVA40STILLCUTE
Illegal parking (Words!!!!!!!!) was created by OVA40STILLCUTE
:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Isn't it amazing how something small, like a car parked in my private flat car parking space, when I get home from my chaps after a weekend of R n R ;) , to find a crap old car in my space. These are the times that I wish I was not a small lady But a Big strapping chap with a wheel clamp. F***k it!.... It belongs to the woman upstairs. She upset my hardworking polish neighbours, so now won't speak to them............ (These are my views and I am entitled to them.. no defamation to anyone.. please let's be adults?) :woohoo: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :pinch:
So, where do I stand legally clamping the car, I own my flat outright so own my space.???????????? Any Intelligent boys on here tonight.???
Last edit: 19 Feb 2012 18:59 by OVA40STILLCUTE. Reason: delete rude bits.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• reaper
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
19 Feb 2012 17:22 #33776 by reaper
Replied by reaper on topic Re: Illegal parking (Words!!!!!!!!)
if the space does infact belong to you (check details on your deeds) i would park my car right up behind them , this will force them into having to ask you to move to let them out , this will give you a perfect opertunity to explain the situation to them

• Nelson83
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
19 Feb 2012 17:31 #33778 by Nelson83
Replied by Nelson83 on topic Re: Illegal parking (Words!!!!!!!!)
I had the exact same problem in a previous house, the mums dropping their kids off at the local school thought that the space outside my garage was a car park for them, so i blocked them in. I had a mate guide me within half an inch of the bumper on one car, yet they still manage to get out without having to ask me to move. :angry: how, we dont know :-( but needless to say they never parked there again. This was pre jimny, but if the same happened now, i'd back up to it, hitch a rope round the axle and slip the jimny into low box, and have a game of tug a war!!!! :evil: :lol:

• stevedumptruck63
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
19 Feb 2012 18:39 - 19 Feb 2012 18:41 #33788 by stevedumptruck63
Replied by stevedumptruck63 on topic Re: Illegal parking (Words!!!!!!!!)
block her in,and keep blocking her in.she will get the message,you keep calm, and peep out of the curtains and watch her loose it.:laugh: :evil:
not that i have ever done anything like this before!!!!! honest!!!!.:evil:

steve
Last edit: 19 Feb 2012 18:41 by stevedumptruck63.

• OVA40STILLCUTE
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
19 Feb 2012 18:48 #33790 by OVA40STILLCUTE
Replied by OVA40STILLCUTE on topic Re: Illegal parking (Words!!!!!!!!)
Thank you boys, for your feedback. I know I'm apathetic, I am a woman who is on rental, it's great but sometimes you need a big guy to talk sense to people. If I see the neighbour I will of course try and talk nicely. :P :P :P :P :P :P .... A Jimny virgin intacta.
Attachments:

More
19 Feb 2012 18:52 #33793 by mlines
if its a standard car with drum brakes on the rear you may well be able to push it backwards out of the space. Handbrakes are always worse in a backwards direction because of the leading/trailing edges of the shoes. I have done this a few times, including to a council van blocking the end of a green lane ( he had parked across the end and was walking his dog)

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses
The following user(s) said Thank You: OVA40STILLCUTE

• Keefe
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
19 Feb 2012 18:58 #33795 by Keefe
Replied by Keefe on topic Re: Illegal parking (Words!!!!!!!!)
Two trolley jacks (in case it's in gear) someone you can trust, push it out and leave in the middle of the parking area.
Obviously deny all knowledge of it as you've just returned home and parked in your own designated/owned space.
Just shrug and walk away.
You could also then fire it but I didn't say that. (The Barnsley way!) ;)

• doncarlyon
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
19 Feb 2012 19:26 #33801 by doncarlyon
Replied by doncarlyon on topic Re: Illegal parking (Words!!!!!!!!)
Drag it out the way with your Jimny :)

• OVA40STILLCUTE
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
19 Feb 2012 19:32 #33802 by OVA40STILLCUTE
:woohoo:

A wild black Jimny!!!! like it.... looks like it belongs.

More
20 Feb 2012 03:50 - 20 Feb 2012 04:18 #33838 by Halford
:angry: really annoying, often find someone in my space (but then it's not legally mine . so wind myself up, just affraid that one day I'll snap)

just borrow Sponnies Jimny and park on top of them :evil:

seriously though, as long as I wasn't obstructing the cars in the adjacent spaces, I'd block her in .. job done, you'll be parked up for the night and with any luck she'll be inconvenienced. Life's experience has shown me that with people who appear to have no regard for others, it's really a waste of time even talking to them - you simply need give them a lesson, that you're worse than they are so they think twice.

welcome to the forum by the way
Last edit: 20 Feb 2012 04:18 by Halford.
The following user(s) said Thank You: OVA40STILLCUTE

• OVA40STILLCUTE
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
20 Feb 2012 05:54 #33839 by OVA40STILLCUTE
:S
thanks boys for your macho and intelligent feedback, I may need you again soon, as replaced oxygen filter and exhaust on Jimny 03, may need your words soon ???

Off to to the Glasshouse to talk all day, Have a good monday.
Attachments:

• X-Eng Simon
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
20 Feb 2012 10:58 #33868 by X-Eng Simon
Replied by X-Eng Simon on topic Re: Illegal parking (Words!!!!!!!!)
This happened to me in my old house. A van parked blocking my drive - fortunately I was out at the time. When I returned home, (Friday Night) they had clearly left it there for the weekend (they were digging up the road opposite).

I phoned the Police who said I would have to go to the Council as it was not causing a hazard. The council said Highways agency because it was on the pavement and Highways said the police - either way, it was not going to be removed any time soon.

Thankfully, during the night, it mysteriously rolled up hill such that it was blocking a main road - then within 45 mins it was being loaded on to a tow truck and being taken away!

The vans owners came back on Tuesday - demanding to know where their van had gone. I just said the Police had towed it as it was causing a hazard - nothing to do with me Guv! They didn't block my drive again, but my neighbours were not so lucky!

Si

Time to create page: 0.120 seconds