BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Possible change to the way we sell T-Case kits...

• g187eev
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
17 Nov 2011 09:27 - 17 Nov 2011 09:37 #25925 by g187eev
We are thinking of changing the way we sell our jimny/sj transfer box fitting kits... What we have in mind it that you, the customer could buy the kit for the std price, but have the chance to claim back £50 by returning the original Jimny speedo pick up ring, which takes about 15 minutes to remove from the factory Jimny box.

The customer would have the coice to either :
- swallow the cost and not return their Jimny t-gase gear.
- Remove and return the gear from the jimny box, and receive £50 back by cheque/refund to card.
- Return the gear and receive a free ORA goodie to the value of £50

Any thoughts?

RB
Last edit: 17 Nov 2011 09:37 by g187eev.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Nov 2011 13:04 #25932 by Obarno
Hi Rob
Is it not possible to just remove the pick up ring from the Jimny box and use it in the sj box? This is what I did when I bought my rocklobster from you a couple of years ago. Surely this would be simpler and save the expense of transporting the ring backwards and forwards. It was a simple matter to press the ring onto the flange.
Peter

Manual VVT, 2 1/2" lift, ORA castor corrected arms, 2" ORA body lift, 4:1 transfer box, Uprated front shafts & CVs ERM , ARBs back & front 3.9 diffs, 6 point cage, ORA winch bumper - Superwinch EP9, ORA rear bumper, ORA axle truses, Diff guards ERM , TBR tank guard, Snorkel, Kumho KL71.30.9.50 15

• g187eev
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
17 Nov 2011 15:45 #25948 by g187eev
nope, the pick up ring on the Jimny is inside the box, and required machining to a be able to fit on the Samurai flange.

Not sure whats happened with your kit, maybe you picked up a box which already had a modified/re-manufactured speedo ring on it?

The ID and thickness of the factory Jimny ring and the dimensions it needs to be a totally different...

postage for this part would only be 2/3 pounds...

RB

More
17 Nov 2011 16:01 #25954 by supergaz
I'm going to pick up a fitting kit from you in March at TOR if thats ok, along with some other bits, Id be happy to return my gear for either a goodie, or £50 refund so this can be put towards the cost of the fitting kit.
The Jimny transfer box will become redundant and isn't worth anything, so even though in good condition, it would probs just be skipped.

More
17 Nov 2011 16:10 #25955 by Obarno
You're right Rob - I must have picked up a modified ring with the fitting kit as my original T case still has the ring in it! Completely forgotten.
Awful getting old!

Manual VVT, 2 1/2" lift, ORA castor corrected arms, 2" ORA body lift, 4:1 transfer box, Uprated front shafts & CVs ERM , ARBs back & front 3.9 diffs, 6 point cage, ORA winch bumper - Superwinch EP9, ORA rear bumper, ORA axle truses, Diff guards ERM , TBR tank guard, Snorkel, Kumho KL71.30.9.50 15

• g187eev
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
17 Nov 2011 16:24 #25959 by g187eev
This is it, as Jimny factory boxes are pretty useless, poo gearing, weak, nobody wants to buy them... they are a pain in the butt to post even if someone did want it... there are loads on ebay and nobody is buying them...

The only thing that is useful in there is the speed'o gear. :) Which is where this plan comes in to play. :)

RB

More
17 Nov 2011 17:10 #25961 by supergaz
But give it 10 years and we will all be wanting them! How many have thrown out old SJ boxes?
SJ boxes are getting very hard to get hold of.

I think a trade in will be the best option, this will help our credit cards after buying goodies ;-)

• Gromit
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
17 Nov 2011 19:08 #25973 by Gromit
Where are all these cheap transfer boxes on Ebay ?, I need one and the cheapest is £75 !!!!

More
17 Nov 2011 19:25 #25976 by supergaz

Gromit wrote: Where are all these cheap transfer boxes on Ebay ?, I need one and the cheapest is £75 !!!!

I'm going to remove mine shortly! As I am going to fit a SJ box, Has got KAP heavy duty mounts! Sure we could sort something out, I pass your area a'lot so could drop off ;-)

• Gromit
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
17 Nov 2011 19:47 - 17 Nov 2011 19:50 #25979 by Gromit
Sounds like a plan mate, mine is noisy and is leaking oil from the rear shaft seal .

Would you take £50 for it ?
Last edit: 17 Nov 2011 19:50 by Gromit.

More
17 Nov 2011 20:24 #25982 by supergaz
Yep! Got a job in Leeds due, so might be able to detour! only been to Pontefract today! Maybe you could pop out the spare pick up ring for RB so that helps me towards my ORA fitting kit.
I have bent the stick with heat to suit a 2"body lift, just then bungee tied it back as It jumped out once, needs slightly more bending. I can pop it out this weekend if you want.
PM sent.

• aniesigh
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
18 Nov 2011 22:20 #26073 by aniesigh
ive got a jimny transfer box kicking around and i'm going to need bits from you soon Rob, fancy working something out nearer the time? ;)

Time to create page: 0.129 seconds