BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

What colour would it be???

• Keefe
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 Nov 2011 19:27 #25907 by Keefe
Replied by Keefe on topic Re: What colour would it be???
Near enough.. ;) :laugh:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Gromit
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 Nov 2011 19:42 #25909 by Gromit
Replied by Gromit on topic Re: What colour would it be???

mlines wrote: I could take the same line as with my "Dark Yellow" (ie. Black) Coil Springs.

I claim its actually "Light Black", is that better?

I am sure my wife will not let me change the colour now after the "discussions" we had in the showroom a few weeks ago, roll on March!

Ha ha. My Jimny is actually called Blueish Black !!

• darthloachie
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 Nov 2011 19:44 - 16 Nov 2011 19:49 #25910 by darthloachie
Replied by darthloachie on topic Re: What colour would it be???

mlines wrote:

Keefe wrote:
BUT PLEASE NOT WHITE, you don't live in Chelsea, do you?

Damn!!

Oh well, thats you off my Christmas Card list ;)

glad its not me that has to keep it clean :)

are you going to get battenburgs for it?

my old XC90 ended up as a traffic womble mobile :ohmy:
Last edit: 16 Nov 2011 19:49 by darthloachie.

More
16 Nov 2011 19:51 #25912 by mlines
Actually I think the most difficult to keep clean are the dark colours, black especially.

I have had silver and white company cars which have done thousands of motorway miles and still remain clean looking. However my current black car and a previous dark green Calibra look dirty seconds after being cleaned as any road spray creates a grey film within minutes.

White ones, when dirty, loose the shine and look matt white but still look reasonably smart.

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses

• darthloachie
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
17 Nov 2011 07:45 #25919 by darthloachie
Replied by darthloachie on topic Re: What colour would it be???
I used to have a white Wolsesley 18/85 - giving my age away now - and that was terrible to keep clean - the dirt seemed to etch itself into the paintwork (BLs high quality!!) I used to use Jif cream cleaner to get it off before I polished it!

But I do agree dark colour cars are harder to keep looking clean - particularly dark blue
my Silver and red ones stayed looking clean and the current one's mid greyish brownish colour seems to hide road dirt very well.
Thing I dont understand is why my wife's black cherokee always looks clean and shiney until you get close to it - must be newer paint technology (or knowing the americans its probably old technology full of harmful chemicals :lol: )

More
17 Nov 2011 08:51 - 17 Nov 2011 08:52 #25921 by dirtydogz
Or the car wash at ASDA:whistle:

2002 JLX Soft Top B)
Jimnybits 2" lift +Pro Comp ES1000 shocks.:) Big Jimny rear shock mounts. Big Jimny adjustable panhard rods.
Big Jimny steering damper bracket. Disco Armstrong steering damper. 7X15 black modulars. 205/75/15 Maxxis 743 bravo m/t.Superpro camber correction bushes.Black A bar....
Last edit: 17 Nov 2011 08:52 by dirtydogz.

Time to create page: 0.103 seconds