BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

choice of shocks when upgrading!!

• adam
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
07 Nov 2011 11:29 #25298 by adam
choice of shocks when upgrading!! was created by adam
Hi everyone. Im thinking of upgrading my 1.5 spring spacer lift with a 2" spring and shock replacment.
Iv been on Jimnybits website and im thinking of going for the kit you can get from there for £280.
My question is, you get to choose which shocks you get. Which ones are best?

Below is a link to the page in question.

www.jimnybits.co.uk/shop/jimny/jimny-2-/...lift-kit/prod_1.html

Thanks
Ad

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• darthloachie
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
07 Nov 2011 12:32 #25303 by darthloachie
Replied by darthloachie on topic Re: choice of shocks when upgrading!!
you only get the es1000 for £280 all the others are dearer

most people like the es1000 as it gives a less harsh ride

ours has es1000 on the back and rough countries on the front but is an offroad toy so on road handling isn't important ( fairly on-existent with a 5" lift and the added weight of a full roll cage and winch and 17 tonne of recovery gear you set sail rather than drive :P )

if you are offroading the most then go for the softer ones but if you are mainly on roads then you could try one of the harder or dearer ones

More
07 Nov 2011 19:49 #25327 by supergaz
I played out with my new Jimnybits +3 springs (and 1.5'' spacers) with es3000 shocks, I found the ride off road excellent, not to harsh or too soft. ;-)

• adam
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
08 Nov 2011 08:27 #25339 by adam
Replied by adam on topic Re: choice of shocks when upgrading!!
Thanks guys, Ill be going for the es1000 then. Hopefully Ill get some photos for those who are thinking of getting them too.

• adam
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
08 Nov 2011 09:39 #25340 by adam
Replied by adam on topic Re: choice of shocks when upgrading!!
Iv just read a thread that says I would need new caster bushes if I go to 2" lift.
I dont have to do I?. surly its only needed on taller lifts such as 3 or 4"!! :unsure:

• doncarlyon
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
08 Nov 2011 11:29 #25342 by doncarlyon
Replied by doncarlyon on topic Re: choice of shocks when upgrading!!
Mines on a 2" body / 3" suspension lift and i dont have the caster correction (that i know of) and its ok, you just get used to it.

• renard38
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
08 Nov 2011 12:21 - 08 Nov 2011 12:22 #25345 by renard38
Replied by renard38 on topic Re: choice of shocks when upgrading!!
during a long time i haven't caster correction with 3" suspension and no problem ;)
Last edit: 08 Nov 2011 12:22 by renard38.

More
08 Nov 2011 20:19 #25373 by dirtydogz
I've got pro comp ES1000 with 2" lift on my jimny with no caster correction had no problem's,just fit a steering damper.B)

2002 JLX Soft Top B)
Jimnybits 2" lift +Pro Comp ES1000 shocks.:) Big Jimny rear shock mounts. Big Jimny adjustable panhard rods.
Big Jimny steering damper bracket. Disco Armstrong steering damper. 7X15 black modulars. 205/75/15 Maxxis 743 bravo m/t.Superpro camber correction bushes.Black A bar....
The following user(s) said Thank You: adam

• Monkey
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
09 Nov 2011 10:20 #25435 by Monkey
Replied by Monkey on topic Re: choice of shocks when upgrading!!
Custom shocks are the only way to fly :laugh: .....

IMO castor bushs should be used with a 2" lift and new castor corrected arm' should be used with anything above a 2" lift....

Time to create page: 0.100 seconds