BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Bargain Polish Snorkels!

More
07 Oct 2011 13:49 #23204 by mcjimny
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationBargain Polish Snorkels! was created by mcjimny
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationLinked on Difflock, they look a bit lame in parts but for that price you can't complain!

Black Jimny's don't get stuck!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• trextr7monkey
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
07 Oct 2011 13:54 #23205 by trextr7monkey
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationReplied by trextr7monkey on topic Re: Bargain Polish Snorkels!
interesting that they throw in a" fire place" with the deal too!!

• srcars
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
07 Oct 2011 14:20 #23206 by srcars
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationReplied by srcars on topic Re: Bargain Polish Snorkels!
I thought the previous reviews on Difflock were of no template and no response to e-mails. Also reprts over poor fit. I found a company in Spain with a nice looking range of models available and the Jimny one coming soon. They were going to e-mail me when they were finished but I decided not to wait with winter coming and some routes with river crossings coming up ;)

More
07 Oct 2011 14:28 #23207 by dirtydogz
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationReplied by dirtydogz on topic Re: Bargain Polish Snorkels!
:sick: :sick:

2002 JLX Soft Top B)
Jimnybits 2" lift +Pro Comp ES1000 shocks.:) Big Jimny rear shock mounts. Big Jimny adjustable panhard rods.
Big Jimny steering damper bracket. Disco Armstrong steering damper. 7X15 black modulars. 205/75/15 Maxxis 743 bravo m/t.Superpro camber correction bushes.Black A bar....

• zuki andy
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
07 Oct 2011 15:20 - 07 Oct 2011 15:49 #23211 by zuki andy
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationReplied by zuki andy on topic Re: Bargain Polish Snorkels!
bargain is not the word i'd use to discribe it. lol better to buy direct from poland thou, someone selling same sorkel on uk ebay for £148+postage ouch.
Last edit: 07 Oct 2011 15:49 by zuki andy.

More
07 Oct 2011 21:40 #23242 by mcjimny
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationReplied by mcjimny on topic Re: Bargain Polish Snorkels!
The ones with issues before were the ones from "samurai servis" this seems to be a new seller.

A guy on difflock has bought one for an sj so i'll watch with interest.

• DVs-Jimny
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 Oct 2011 11:04 #23600 by DVs-Jimny
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationReplied by DVs-Jimny on topic Re: Bargain Polish Snorkels!
I've just ordered one of these in a fit of stupidity?? Time will tell, watch this space ;)

• DVs-Jimny
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
21 Oct 2011 09:31 #24166 by DVs-Jimny
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationReplied by DVs-Jimny on topic Re: Bargain Polish Snorkels!
Received today. Big stuck on notice from Parcel Force saying the package was damaged before they got their mits on it...

Couldn't find any damage but No fitting instructions or fittings included...

Honest opinion: Feels flimsy and I'm undecided as to how strong it is. The intake appears too small. Measures 52mm dia. I know that the air intake doesn't have to be massive but it should (IMHO) be at least the same diameter as the smallest part of the intake system. IE the throttle body.

Very undecided if I will attempt fitment.

Get out of jail statement: These are my own personal opinions, please make up your own mind as to whether you wish to purchase one...

• panosd
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
27 Oct 2011 16:41 #24591 by panosd
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationReplied by panosd on topic Re: Bargain Polish Snorkels!
I have this one installed in my car for 8 months now.

Its good. It cost me 116,0e including postage. We made a group buy of 11 pieces.

But some bubbles on the main body appeared like blisters after sun or oil burn.

The snorkel is waterproof after the ''blisters'' and has no problem. Its just not good looking.

But as they say what you pay you get.

I made the group order directly from polland, from the manufacturer.

I found the same snorkel sold from 220e until 260 in other shops.

• panosd
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
27 Oct 2011 16:47 #24593 by panosd
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationReplied by panosd on topic Re: Bargain Polish Snorkels!
Photo-0007.jpg:
File Attachment:

More
06 Nov 2011 00:49 #25219 by mcjimny
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationReplied by mcjimny on topic Re: Bargain Polish Snorkels!

DVs-Jimny wrote: Received today. Big stuck on notice from Parcel Force saying the package was damaged before they got their mits on it...

Couldn't find any damage but No fitting instructions or fittings included...

Honest opinion: Feels flimsy and I'm undecided as to how strong it is. The intake appears too small. Measures 52mm dia. I know that the air intake doesn't have to be massive but it should (IMHO) be at least the same diameter as the smallest part of the intake system. IE the throttle body.

Very undecided if I will attempt fitment.

Get out of jail statement: These are my own personal opinions, please make up your own mind as to whether you wish to purchase one...

Any updates on the fitting?

• srcars
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
06 Nov 2011 10:01 #25226 by srcars
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationReplied by srcars on topic Re: Bargain Polish Snorkels!
I was talking to www.snorkels.es/ They now do a Jimny snorkel. No idea on quality, service ect but they are available B)

Time to create page: 0.133 seconds