BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Insurance rears its ugly head again!!!

More
15 Nov 2011 14:29 #25831 by Johnniehec
My renewal with LV came in today,(£171 fully comp all mods declared) due 28/11/11. Interestingly a new online quote from the same was significantly dearer, £202, and the lowest on "compare the small furry animal with the wet nose of Eastern European origin.com" was also about £6 more expensive with a £250 excess as opposed to £200 on the renewal, looks like I'll be renewing.
John.

On the 8th Day God made the LandRover -
On the 9th day he swapped it for a Jimny.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Nov 2011 17:29 #25837 by Halford

compare the small furry animal with the wet nose of Eastern European origin.com

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

• Municipal Waste
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 Nov 2011 17:53 #25838 by Municipal Waste
Replied by Municipal Waste on topic Re: Insurance rears its ugly head again!!!
I got a quote for next year on my Jimny at £358 and a comparable quote on a TVR Cerbera 4.2 V8 at £247. Go figure :/

• teafortwo0789
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 Nov 2011 18:31 #25841 by teafortwo0789
Replied by teafortwo0789 on topic Re: Insurance rears its ugly head again!!!
A lot of 'clubs' Lotus / MG / Morgan etc. negotiate a club discount. This is because they manage to bring bulk business. Perhaps Big Jimny might wish to approach a couple of companies to see what they might do.

I would be very happy for the 'forum organiser' to get a slice of the action. There are 296 people on line at present with may more in reserve! Just a thought.

• X-Eng Simon
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 Nov 2011 23:23 #25856 by X-Eng Simon
Replied by X-Eng Simon on topic Re: Insurance rears its ugly head again!!!
That's not a bad idea you know!

The insurers have had a bad couple of years (even though you might not think so) with most of the motor insurers making a loss. The Market is so competitive that policies have not represented the actual cost for some time. Finally it got too much for them and as soon as one increased their prices, they all did like a waterfall.

My premiums on Land Rovers and a company van have all more or less doubled this year. On the plus side, now a 'proper' trade policy has become cheaper than the combination of the other policies so next year that's probably what I'll do.

Up till now, everything has been insured with the NFU who have given me fantastic service. I'll be very sad to leave them.

Si

• jonny
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
18 Nov 2011 19:43 - 19 Nov 2011 21:50 #26045 by jonny
Replied by jonny on topic Re: Insurance rears its ugly head again!!!
thought i would give my two penneth as I work in the motor insurance industry :ohmy:

1st year business usually makes very little profit..............the money is USUALLY made on renewal

The cheapest is ..............the cheapest :whistle: .....just be aware......it may be........... the cheapest!

Can you cope with communicating via live text on the pc where you cannot speak to anyone?

Are you ok with call centers in other countries?

Have you ever tried to get something simple ......like your proof of ncb?....:laugh:

etc.........etc................if so........fine......go for it.............I work in the business and I always look at other aspects other than the price.............I like old skool business :blush:

At the moment motor ins is a nightmare...........good luck!
Last edit: 19 Nov 2011 21:50 by jonny.

Time to create page: 0.103 seconds