BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Bash Plate

• adam
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 Sep 2011 10:58 #21859 by adam
Bash Plate was created by adam
I know there are a few posts about the bash plates but here is an other. Sorry for steeling peoples images by the way.

Basically I want to produce a bash plate like the image below. I want to know if anyone has the dimensions for it? I know I could cut my bumper then make it but I want to make it first, get it painted and so on before destroying my front bumper. :sick: My wife is a little worried about me cutting it down first, she keep reminding me about the time I thought it would be cool to cut holes in my favourite jeans! Bad idea, I looked like ace ventura when he was attached by the shark!! :silly: :silly:

Anyway, I was hoping I could get some dimensions then I could produce a technical drawing to send away to get made plus I could post up the drawing on here so others could use it at different fabricators.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Sep 2011 20:24 #21911 by kirkynut
Replied by kirkynut on topic Re: Bash Plate
Why do you want a bash plate? If it's just for looks I can understand but if you think you are getting some protection from it I don't think you need it.

The reason I say this is that the steering arms and sump are well above the axle on a Jimny and the axle kind of protects them, unlike a Landrover where the steering arms are made of chocolate and are right in harms way.

Suzuki steering arms are tough as old boots and out of the way.

Kirkynut

The underdog often starts the fight, and occasionally the upper dog deserves to win - Edgar Watson Howe.

My Jimny Thread Here: www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...on-continues?start=0

• adam
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
19 Sep 2011 07:16 #22115 by adam
Replied by adam on topic Re: Bash Plate
Sorry for the late reply Kirkynut, I forgot to subscribe to it!

Basically I just want it to make it look more tidy when I cut the bumper down not for stength.

Time to create page: 0.073 seconds