BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Movies - Video Camera's & Dash Mountings

More
18 Jul 2011 07:18 #19095 by Halford
There is some excellent video footage posted by members in the My Jimny section.
would anyone like to share details of their set-up
i.e. make / model / fitting system
cheers Halford
;)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• adamatdraycott
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
18 Jul 2011 08:20 - 18 Jul 2011 08:24 #19106 by adamatdraycott
Replied by adamatdraycott on topic Re: Movies - Video Camera's & Dash Mountings
GoPro HD Motorsport

Films in 1080p/720p with a load of options... not cheap though!
Used by most TV companies... they were used to capture the footage of Jenson Button and Lewis Hamilton on the Jet Skis seen on BBC 1 before the British Grand Prix. (Don't know if their are any other F1 fans on here :blush: )

Used with the waterproof casing (included in all GoPro sets) its waterproof to something like 30m!

Awesome camera and all the accessories are very well made and thoughtout
I tend to use the 'sat nav sucker' type mount, as it sticks the side windows, and body panels and won't drop off!

I bought the LCD BacPac a couple of months back and its definately worth the £80-90!

If i make it to Wagtail i'll be bringing it with me... and people are welcome to have a look.

There are other options... but as i powerkite with buggy's and boards i wanted something reliable and good quality... The GoPro mounting options are also far superior to its competitors.
Last edit: 18 Jul 2011 08:24 by adamatdraycott.

• darthloachie
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
18 Jul 2011 10:09 - 18 Jul 2011 10:14 #19110 by darthloachie
Replied by darthloachie on topic Re: Movies - Video Camera's & Dash Mountings
We also have a gopro but not the hd one - cant afford it!!
There are two sd ones which you can get off ebay second hand for around £60-90
a 3mp one and a 5mp one with a wide angle lens
If you get the motorsport pack then you get the sucker mount - we put ours inside the windscreen - and various self adhesive mounts (both flat and curved) to stick on panels
Be careful about where you use the sucker mount on the outside as we put ours on a wing and then knocked it off on a bush so had to get another one from ebay :(

some of the guys on here have the cheap ebay ones from china which i think are ok if you mount them inside the cab but i think they suffer from flare or misting if you use them on the outside

saw the F1 jetski bit and noticed the go pro - its one of our pastimes - gopro spotting on tv
they also use them on top gear and the gadget show - the lucky ones even get to be attached to Pollyanna Woodwood :whistle:
Last edit: 18 Jul 2011 10:14 by darthloachie.

• Keefe
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
18 Jul 2011 14:21 #19121 by Keefe
Yep, the GoPro is the way to go.
Brilliant piece of kit.

I had a couple of those cheap Chinese ones, worked great, once for about 20 minutes then started being a sod.
Both now in the scrap bin along with the 'torch' type one!
;)

• adamatdraycott
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
19 Jul 2011 04:32 #19158 by adamatdraycott
Replied by adamatdraycott on topic Re: Movies - Video Camera's & Dash Mountings
I keep mine in a Peli 1200... fits perfectly under the drivers seat when out and about

Not that i always remember it :(

More
23 Nov 2011 20:08 #26438 by Halford
just noticed there's some bargains about
GoPro HD Motorsports HERO
for example £162 on Amazon

the new HERO2 is out at £300 :pinch:

• jo king
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
23 Nov 2011 20:15 #26439 by jo king
Replied by jo king on topic Re: Movies - Video Camera's & Dash Mountings
I have been thinking about putting a camera on the back window facing forwards but mounted on some sort of diy self leveling bracket to keep the camera gravitated, to give the veiwer the real picture of how much lean. B) whats your thoughts

• Sponnie
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
23 Nov 2011 22:21 #26454 by Sponnie
Replied by Sponnie on topic Re: Movies - Video Camera's & Dash Mountings
Contour GPS

Used on a few m/cycle and car track days. Great footage and the added bonus of it using the GPS to plot your route (although can sometimes take a while to lock on).

Another cool geeky feature is if you have an iPhone or iTouch 4g you can use it as a vewfinder for the camera and change the video and audio settings. Mines got a 32gb card in it and has been round the IOM TT. Happy to post some links to some footage for you to check the quality out, although go to contour.com for better ones!!

I hope to get some cool video's when the snow falls! :silly: :woohoo:

I mate has the GoPro HD and he loves it! :) and havent they just released a new one??

• darthloachie
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
24 Nov 2011 07:59 - 24 Nov 2011 07:59 #26466 by darthloachie
Replied by darthloachie on topic Re: Movies - Video Camera's & Dash Mountings
yep and a 3D one I think (two stuck side by side :laugh: )
Last edit: 24 Nov 2011 07:59 by darthloachie.

• Goat
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
24 Nov 2011 11:39 #26477 by Goat
These sound expensive. I was thinking of having a go with my normal digital camera on a £6 suction mount at the next p&p I go to.

Time to create page: 0.100 seconds