BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Jimny's First Lift

• NewToJimny
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
19 Jun 2011 05:02 #17977 by NewToJimny
Jimny's First Lift was created by NewToJimny
Just noticed this lift kit Bits4Vits 1.5" Lift Kit .

I'm after a cheapish, smallish, lift as I use it mainly on the road. What do you guys think? Would this be a good starting lift for my standard Jimny?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• vitara_mad
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
19 Jun 2011 08:41 #17981 by vitara_mad
Replied by vitara_mad on topic Re: Jimny's First Lift
yes its a very good starting point & if you are mainly using it for road use then its perfect

• Municipal Waste
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
19 Jun 2011 09:59 #17984 by Municipal Waste
Replied by Municipal Waste on topic Re: Jimny's First Lift
Nice and easy to remove for someone who's still got warranty too :dry: I wonder what size tyres you could fit on a MK2 bumper with that kit!

More
19 Jun 2011 16:41 - 19 Jun 2011 16:54 #18003 by mcjimny
Replied by mcjimny on topic Re: Jimny's First Lift
Great way for a value for money lift. Best mated with longer shocks or shock brackets to retain some travel. I've got the spacers and as yet no shock brackets and its rock hard as the shocks are pre-extended.
It does at least give a bit more room for bigger rubber. I will be putting on a full lift kit when i can afford it for a better overall setup but otherwise i've no real complaints with the current setup other than the hard ride.

Black Jimny's don't get stuck!
Last edit: 19 Jun 2011 16:54 by mcjimny.

• NewToJimny
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
19 Jun 2011 17:47 - 19 Jun 2011 17:49 #18010 by NewToJimny
Replied by NewToJimny on topic Re: Jimny's First Lift
Thanks for the advice.

Trying to make it so it doesnt look like a little old lady is driving it so people don't want to try and overtake me no matter what speed I'm going! :woohoo:

I'm figuring some new rubber - can't decide yet what size or what tyre - and a lift. Got to get it all signed off by the missus yet so just preparing the cost benefit case to try and get approval. :S

Maybe if a get some doors on the kids bedrooms I'll get the green light :blush:
Last edit: 19 Jun 2011 17:49 by NewToJimny.

More
19 Jun 2011 20:16 #18021 by mcjimny
Replied by mcjimny on topic Re: Jimny's First Lift
If you're using it daily i'd suggest you don't deviate too far from the standard tyre size. something like a 205/75(OR 70) 15 either mount them on offsets or run some spacers so they have "the look".

Black Jimny's don't get stuck!

More
20 Jun 2011 08:40 #18035 by ooky_123
Replied by ooky_123 on topic Re: Jimny's First Lift
My Fathers Jimny is stock, but he has 30mm spacers and 205x70x15 AT2's on it.
Really looks the buisness now the tyres are out to the edges of the arches.. road handling is also a lot better

Former owner of Little "Ooky", who has now started a new life in Shetland

• Municipal Waste
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
20 Jun 2011 17:30 #18052 by Municipal Waste
Replied by Municipal Waste on topic Re: Jimny's First Lift
ooky is your Father's Jimny a MK2 and if so did he need any modifications to the body to run the 30mm spacers?

Time to create page: 0.094 seconds