BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Long Weekend

• ZookFastback
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 Jun 2011 05:56 #17596 by ZookFastback
Long Weekend was created by ZookFastback
It's the queens birthday long weekend here in Victoria Australia. 4 days for me so I am off in the morning. Going up to Costerfield first, for a little gold prospecting with my metal detector. Then off to the Little Desert for some sand dune running. Probably nick over to Mt Gambier after that for some spelunking amongst the limestone caverns and then a pleasant drive home. 1500 odd kilometres and meet up with a few friends along the way. Not taking the teardrop caravan this time, just a swag and tarp for a lean-to. Jimny is fueled up and off-road tyres back on.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Keefe
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 Jun 2011 08:55 #17602 by Keefe
Replied by Keefe on topic Re: Long Weekend
Enjoy your extended weekend, sounds good.

I'm off down to Tesco for some Weetabix. :(

• darthloachie
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 Jun 2011 10:30 #17603 by darthloachie
Replied by darthloachie on topic Re: Long Weekend
bet you eat three at a sitting!

• Keefe
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 Jun 2011 10:58 #17606 by Keefe
Replied by Keefe on topic Re: Long Weekend
:laugh: I do! With maple syrup poured on!

More
10 Jun 2011 11:48 #17607 by mlines
Replied by mlines on topic Re: Long Weekend

ZookFastback wrote: It's the queens birthday long weekend here in Victoria Australia. 4 days for me so I am off in the morning. Going up to Costerfield first, for a little gold prospecting with my metal detector.

1. I thought you Aussies wanted rid of the Queen ;)

2. Can you really find gold, why aren't you prospecting full time!

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses

• ZookFastback
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 Jun 2011 20:06 #17626 by ZookFastback
Replied by ZookFastback on topic Re: Long Weekend
Well yeah, we do want to be rid of the english queen... but a Holiday is a holiday! :laugh:

Gold is plentiful right across central Victoria, roughly the size of the UK. Alluvial gold is found in the creeks and across the plains. There are several thousand mullock heaps (ground that has been dug out of mines) near Costerfield and it is always worth going over them with a metal detector (bats digging too) ;) Especially after the drought-breaking rains that we have had this year. A sheila from Nagambie stepped out of her car at Costerfield a fortnight ago and twisted her ankle. What she twisted it on was a nice 13oz nugget :laugh:

I wouldn't take it up full time though, it is just a hobby. I operate large machinery and that pays handsomely, $38/hour. Dozers and excavators, dumpies and front-loaders, it is all good fun. I look forward to going to work and my friend reckons that I am still a big kid playing with my toys in the sandpit :blush:

We have a couple of thousand Irish working with us at the moment, doing mostly the bridgework on a 26k freeway that we are building. It will have 35 bridges by Xmas so they are flat out. Funny buggas the lot of them. We give 'em hell for the funny accents but I guess you folks are used to them. They are mostly from the Republic and some from the occupied counties.

blog.australian-native.com.au/wp-content.../12/australiamap.jpg
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.107 seconds