BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

• BIG BILL
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
08 Jun 2011 16:47 #17527 by BIG BILL
Newbie was created by BIG BILL
Hello all, Newbie from Northumberland.
Just Bought today 2003 JLX mode in Silver.
Traded my 2001 Vauxhall frontera 2.2dti which I have owned for 8 years.
I pick the Jimny up on Sat.

It has a full dealer history and 60,000 miles and I can't wait.

Cheers BIG BILL

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Keefe
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
08 Jun 2011 16:57 #17529 by Keefe
Replied by Keefe on topic Re: Newbie
Hi Bill

Welcome to the Forum, enjoy.

K :)

• BIG BILL
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 Jun 2011 20:32 #17743 by BIG BILL
Replied by BIG BILL on topic Re: Car returned.
Well........ I picked it up and have fallen in love with it.
Much more fun to drive tham my Frontera if a little more cramped.
I have also noticed the wheels are wobbling at about 40-50mph so took it back today and told them about King pin bearings and wheel ballencing and was told Pahh!! we will sort it.. we'll see when i get it back tomorrow.

I want new steel wheels and 50/50 tyres but what size as i don't want a lift kit or bummper mod yet??

Cheers BIG BILL

More
13 Jun 2011 21:03 #17744 by ooky_123
Replied by ooky_123 on topic Re: Car returned.
Bill, my father has a Jimny with Grabber AT2's 50:50's fitted to standard steel wheels (205x70x15's) with 30mm spacers to give it a bit more road stability and to fill the arches nicely.
Its completely standard aside from those bits and it both looks and goes great.
Its not a mud plugger, and really only a second car for bad weather, but its comfortable, and with the spacers, its onroad mannors are respectable.
In the recient snow we had, he didnt have any issues with the roads and also for the first year in as many as I can remember, was able to get the car out without having to spend 3 hours digging !!!

Former owner of Little "Ooky", who has now started a new life in Shetland

Time to create page: 0.082 seconds