BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Jimny suspension lift, help please!

• quatermass
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
02 Jun 2011 19:58 #17247 by quatermass
Jimny suspension lift, help please! was created by quatermass
:huh: Hello Im new to the site and im looking for some advice on a 2" suspension lift.
What do i need to do/change/alter. The car is going to do light off road and the odd greenlane, nothing too bad.
Cheers guys.....colin

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Strek
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
02 Jun 2011 21:04 #17253 by Strek
Replied by Strek on topic Re: Jimny suspension lift, help please!
Hi, and welcome. What you need to do is to use the search function on this forum. You will find a lot about this topic. With 2" I changed the brakelines (longer) and caster corrected bushes in the radius arms up front.

More
03 Jun 2011 12:13 #17272 by Johnniehec
Hi Welcome, Ditto what Strek says, assuming you're fitting + 2ins springs and shocks, you'll need to fit the longer brake flexy hoses (www.llama4x4.co.uk) first or at the same time especially at the back (otherwise you can't get the axle to drop far enough to get the un compressed springs in). I haven't got round to fitting my caster correction bushes yet but be prepared for a bit of wandering and tramlining if you don't.
John.

On the 8th Day God made the LandRover -
On the 9th day he swapped it for a Jimny.
The following user(s) said Thank You: quatermass

• quatermass
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
03 Jun 2011 18:00 - 03 Jun 2011 18:01 #17282 by quatermass
Replied by quatermass on topic Re: Jimny suspension lift, help please!
:cheer: Thanks Guys, great help!
Ive got a pair of KAP front arms ready to go on (castor sorted) so i think it will be okay when done.
Ive read that there is a little problem with the rear shock mounts but there are mods avalable to sort things out, is it worth doing??:unsure:
Also would the panard rod need to be tweeked :huh:
Thanks again guys, hope to hear from you again soon...col
Last edit: 03 Jun 2011 18:01 by quatermass.

More
03 Jun 2011 18:11 #17283 by dirtydogz
Just fit some rear shock brackets for martin.
www.bigjimny.com/store/index.php/jimny-p...k-brackets/p_14.html

Attachment thumb_bracket21_2011-06-03.jpg not found

2002 JLX Soft Top B)
Jimnybits 2" lift +Pro Comp ES1000 shocks.:) Big Jimny rear shock mounts. Big Jimny adjustable panhard rods.
Big Jimny steering damper bracket. Disco Armstrong steering damper. 7X15 black modulars. 205/75/15 Maxxis 743 bravo m/t.Superpro camber correction bushes.Black A bar....
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.078 seconds