BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

front dipped beam fault

• garry20
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
30 May 2011 10:10 #17089 by garry20
front dipped beam fault was created by garry20
have no front lights on dipped beam, side lights,rear lights,fog lights & full beam all work fine.also lights up when i earth the bulb(switched earths i think). was thinking on changing the stalk but think the switch is ok as it allows the fog lights to come on in dipped beam position & does not in the side lights position so seems likes its opearting, any ideas, thanks in advance garry

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Municipal Waste
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
30 May 2011 17:13 #17112 by Municipal Waste
Replied by Municipal Waste on topic Re: front dipped beam fault
Firstly, check the fuse. You should be able to find out which fuse it is from the owners manual.

Then check the grounding which I think you need a jumper cable to do by finding the earth wire connecting to the body and use the jumper wire in it's place to a clean paint free part of the body. If it lights up then maybe a problem with corrosion on that part of the circuit or a damaged wire.

Then check the control stick for continuity (haven't worked out how to do this yet but maybe someone can enlighten me).

After that check for short circuits.

:blink: Just been learning about car electrics today, it's soooo confusing!

• garry20
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
30 May 2011 17:28 #17113 by garry20
Replied by garry20 on topic Re: front dipped beam fault
thanks, tried all the usual like you mentioned, fuses etc,also no relay on this model. jimny light electrics difficult to fault find on as have switched earths to lights insted of lives(so lights have a perminant live all the time) lights work fine when you ground them.

Time to create page: 0.064 seconds