BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

insurance

• prosnooker147
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
01 Apr 2011 14:49 - 01 Apr 2011 15:14 #14338 by prosnooker147
insurance was created by prosnooker147
hi can anyone please advise me if i insure with fred pickles insurance for my jimny what is the minimum mod ifacation they will ask for to offer insurance and what proof will they require
thanks my insurance is due in 15 days not done any mods to it yet but intend too in near future
thanks geoff
also can anyone advise me of any other insurers for best price
10 yrs no claims no points ,old git !! admiral have just given price for renewal £700 , :(
Last edit: 01 Apr 2011 15:14 by prosnooker147.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bluejimny
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
01 Apr 2011 15:00 #14339 by bluejimny
Replied by bluejimny on topic Re: insurance
they never asked me for any proof, but i dont know what the min amount of mods was tho

• Brian.SMC
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
01 Apr 2011 16:53 - 01 Apr 2011 16:53 #14344 by Brian.SMC
Replied by Brian.SMC on topic Re: insurance

prosnooker147 wrote: hi can anyone please advise me if i insure with fred pickles insurance for my jimny what is the minimum mod ifacation they will ask for to offer insurance and what proof will they require
thanks my insurance is due in 15 days not done any mods to it yet but intend too in near future
thanks geoff
also can anyone advise me of any other insurers for best price
10 yrs no claims no points ,old git !! admiral have just given price for renewal £700 , :(

As a good start don't call him Fred ;) Frank Pickles will want muds and a lift or similar.
Last edit: 01 Apr 2011 16:53 by Brian.SMC.

• doncarlyon
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
01 Apr 2011 19:31 #14351 by doncarlyon
Replied by doncarlyon on topic Re: insurance
I asked for a quote on 7k miles, 3" lift and snorkel and got knocked back.

Then i found a jimny i wanted with a few more mods and i lowered the mileage to 5k and got covered with them.

They dont take NCB into account though and you wont earn any on the policy.

• robp
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
01 Apr 2011 22:46 #14358 by robp
Replied by robp on topic Re: insurance
I just insured with swiftcover on an unmodified 1999 Jimny, 37, 5 years NCD and got £286.

• Gromit
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
02 Apr 2011 07:12 #14360 by Gromit
Replied by Gromit on topic Re: insurance
5K is the maximum mileage allowance, must be a second car (not your primary transport) and must have some mechanical modification not just tyres.

I have my Jimny with them and it is £164 fully Comp for 2 drivers .

• goatboy
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
02 Apr 2011 08:24 - 02 Apr 2011 08:25 #14361 by goatboy
Replied by goatboy on topic Re: insurance
Wouldn't quote for me with a lift and wheels and they wouldn't tell me what a min amount of mods would be either :angry:
Last edit: 02 Apr 2011 08:25 by goatboy.

• Brian.SMC
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
02 Apr 2011 11:07 - 02 Apr 2011 11:07 #14362 by Brian.SMC
Replied by Brian.SMC on topic Re: insurance
I am £150 fully comp as a second car on 3k a year. Thats with no NC applied as that is used on my road truck.

Mods
shocks, springs, transfer, panhard rods, superpro bushes, brakelines, custom cage, winch bumpers, winch, muds, on board air, and a locker on the garage shelf with a second one on it's way for the front :whistle:
Last edit: 02 Apr 2011 11:07 by Brian.SMC.

• Nelson83
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
02 Apr 2011 14:21 #14364 by Nelson83
Replied by Nelson83 on topic Re: insurance
try adrian flux - they do bpoth moddied and unmoddied trucks - i had a very good quote from them and theyre quite happy for you to mod throughout the year. Im with endsleigh though - student insurance providers, have been all my driving years and have stuck with them now im teaching - they just beat adrian flux :-) keep ringing round - its worth it!!! and mention bigjimny when they ask if your in a club - adrian flux knocked me money off for that!!!

Time to create page: 0.098 seconds