BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× Are you building a Mud Monster or a Pavement Princess??
If so you can have your own thread in this section.
This section on other websites has led to arguments and contention. People are posting pictures of their pride and joy and therefore CONSTRUCTIVE comments only please!

Transfer box flush

More
01 Jun 2020 11:58 - 01 Jun 2020 12:03 #223108 by HUN
Transfer box flush was created by HUN
I had bought and fit breather to my rear axle a few weeks ago but I found the 1/8" BSP thread would be too big for the transfer box.. I was in this believe until I seen Dave's blog where I discovered that it is still doable! Decided I give it a go! I drilled it gradually bigger and bigger until it reached the best fit size for the 1/8" BSP threads which turned out as a 9mm hole before tap.
I managed to capture most of the swarfs with a very strong magnet but I decided to flush it just in case. As I was a bit short of desposable oil I used a bit unusual/reversed direction of flow to flush it clean. Oil was poured onto the drain hole and exited through the breather hole whilst the box was upside down. To make it more efficient I helped the flow with 8 bar compressed air as well!

Well, I've never seen oil flowing this quick before that's for sure! :laugh: It was like a mini vulkan eruption but worth it! I used a little 'kitched filter' to check for and catch anything other than oil.

Captured a dozen of small bits so I'm sure it's free of any loose metal bits.

TrailMaster 2" lift kit
Full floating rear axle conversion, JB underbody guards & recovery points
ORE transfer box HD brackets
T-Max split charge system
X-Shock Dakar ceramic clutch kit & roof rack
Flo-Flex castor polybushes
Kumho KL71 tyres
AVM manual hubs
ORA radius arm guards
Push-fit breathers
Attachments:
Last edit: 01 Jun 2020 12:03 by HUN.
The following user(s) said Thank You: X8GGY

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Jun 2020 15:28 #223118 by X8GGY
Replied by X8GGY on topic Transfer box flush
Happy to have been of assistance ;)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.066 seconds