BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× Are you building a Mud Monster or a Pavement Princess??
If so you can have your own thread in this section.
This section on other websites has led to arguments and contention. People are posting pictures of their pride and joy and therefore CONSTRUCTIVE comments only please!

Modifications & compatibility with newer parts

• AH01
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
28 Feb 2015 19:17 #139463 by AH01
This is my first bit of activity here on Bigjimny forum so hi to all! I have a 2000 Jimny that I love very much and would like to modify over time to suit my work/ lifestyle. So better suspension, maybe just a 2inch lift. Better engine performance parts like exhaust, air intake etc. to hopefully get a little boost in power but more for efficiency reasons. And of course some body modifications too, however the kits I see online I really don't like but I love the brazilian model of the Jimny so where can i get those parts! (I added pics below of the Brazilian Jimny)

Compatibility Question:
  • Can I get the transmission from a newer model and attach to an older engine (G13BB)?
  • Can i get the interior dashboard from a newer model and fit it into my 2000 Jimny? Are the dimensions the same? Never mind wiring and buttons that can be figured out.
  • Can i get seats & door panels from newer models and fit it into my 2000 Jimny?

Modifications Questions:
  • Is it possible to get the arches, bumpers & side panels from a brazilian Jimny and install them on my 2000 Jimny? Does anybody know how to get a hold of these or similar?

Thank you!

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Feb 2015 20:24 - 28 Feb 2015 20:33 #139470 by Rhinoman
The front bumper looks like the Chinese one available here:

www.aliexpress.com/store/product/JIMNY-F...1211_1479251197.html

I have a vague recollection that 2005 on have different mountings.

Some Suzukis and a bunch of motorcycles.
Last edit: 28 Feb 2015 20:33 by Rhinoman.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.082 seconds