BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× Are you building a Mud Monster or a Pavement Princess??
If so you can have your own thread in this section.
This section on other websites has led to arguments and contention. People are posting pictures of their pride and joy and therefore CONSTRUCTIVE comments only please!

Suzuki Jimny Falconer Edition

• the_goshawker
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
09 Sep 2015 17:32 #151610 by the_goshawker
Replied by the_goshawker on topic Suzuki Jimny Falconer Edition
Hi all, Hope your all well :) :) ;)
Decided to remove the rear bumper to see how things were. :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: And the answer NOT bad at all really, so very happy :) :)
Had slight surface rust along the bottom edge so rubbed done, covered in converter to be sure then today i finnished it of and put back together. Proper Job :laugh: There is a small part i would like to sort if i want to get very anal :woohoo: :ohmy: :pinch: and sort, if any money comes avalible i will have another look. What you think

Also got the roof rack i was going to sell powder coated in black and just waiting to cover the corners in carbon fiber wrap. Just bought 4 u bolts to convert using my farrier/blacksmithing skill to make clamps,so will get that done in the next few days....
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Daniel30
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
09 Sep 2015 17:42 #151612 by Daniel30
Replied by Daniel30 on topic Suzuki Jimny Falconer Edition
Good work that will keep the metal moth at bay for a bit there horrible jobs to do but satisfying when there done B)

• Tadpole
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
09 Sep 2015 18:10 #151623 by Tadpole
Replied by Tadpole on topic Suzuki Jimny Falconer Edition
Looks very clean, now get some Waxoyl up around that back end & down them chassis voids while you have the bumper off .... :whistle:

• Daniel30
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
09 Sep 2015 20:11 #151638 by Daniel30
Good call Tadpole B)

• the_goshawker
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
02 Apr 2016 17:45 #164784 by the_goshawker
Hi all, its been a while well nearly 7 months to be exact. Hi hope you and your Jimny's are fine, I havn't been far by looking near daily just not logging on to bother you.So I thought I would let you know how my jimny is going and where im at so he we go....

Firstly back in November my MOT was due so took it over to Galasheils to get it tested and.......... It past with no advisories, to say I was well happy would be an understatement. Ive change the head light bulbs, and to use the pun there like night and day. On dip which mine was terrible on are now much better making driving a lot safer at night.

So if you can remember i bought a roof rack but didnt know wether to fit it or not, well i decided to fit it but only if i changed it's colour,so I got it powder coated black..

The problem came with fixing it to the roof as the brackets that came with it were useless. I got lot's of surgestions from fellow members about how they did or would do it from u-bolts to cable ties. Sadly none were what i was looking for so i decided to make my own. I bought some strips of aluminium of ebay and shaped them.

Then made holes for bolts and sprayed them black to match then using left over matting from the boot floor attached some to stop it scratching the rack.

Then fitted them.

Im happy with them, so far they havn't moved..I have also finished the backto the way i want...

Got a new battery, under £40 delivered well happy..

Got the brackets cleaned up and painted, just need to get the rear step powder coated now..

Also sent it to the local garage where they changed the diffs, transfer and gearbox oils, changed rear brake pipies which were feeling spongy. Fit new front brake pads and strip and cleaned the front caliper which was sticking a bit. Also got the coolant flushed. All this has changed the overall feel of the driving experience for the better.

Been on the look out for a new rear door with upper spoiler but the best price has been £300 delivered second hand which is a bit to much for me so still searching. Also thinking of getting the alloys refurbed and then powdercoated black to keep the theme going just keeping a look out either for some cheap wheels or some nice jimny owner with a spare set to loan me while i get them sorted. Other ideas are a nice set of KC daylighters spot lights for the front bumper plus a couple of other wee ideas that i will keep to my self just now...

• Daniel30
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
02 Apr 2016 18:05 #164786 by Daniel30
Nice to hear the jimny went through the mot, sounds like you have been busy the brackets you made are really good, and doing the wheels black will finish it off nice to hear from you again good luck with the door hunt the rack looks so much better black as well, tidy little jimny ;)

More
03 Apr 2016 09:09 #164799 by jackonlyjack
looking really good matey
i love seeing personalised jimny's
fit for purpose and your needs
fantastic ;)

Jack
The following user(s) said Thank You: the_goshawker

• the_goshawker
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
05 Apr 2016 18:54 #164926 by the_goshawker
I nearly forgot about this new member to our amazing forum. His names Archie.........

Attachments:

• Daniel30
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
05 Apr 2016 19:32 #164931 by Daniel30
How cute, but he's spoilt rotten ;)

• the_goshawker
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
09 Apr 2016 11:46 #165077 by the_goshawker
Thanks Daniel, your correct on the spoilt bit, just look at those eyes :woohoo: :woohoo: But training is going well and for a terrier he is well behaved :) :) :) :) :) :)

• the_goshawker
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
20 Apr 2016 15:28 #165531 by the_goshawker
Sothe Jimny fairy took £200 out of my account and sent me this..

Yep i finally got one, an upper spoiler..

Attachments:

• Daniel30
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
20 Apr 2016 15:57 #165532 by Daniel30
Don't you just hate it when that happens :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Looking gooooooood!

Time to create page: 0.226 seconds