BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× Are you building a Mud Monster or a Pavement Princess??
If so you can have your own thread in this section.
This section on other websites has led to arguments and contention. People are posting pictures of their pride and joy and therefore CONSTRUCTIVE comments only please!

Dave's "S200KYS" Jimny 'laner Build...

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
13 Mar 2016 19:07 #163703 by Lambert
Oh no, I thought you had strengthened shafts?

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!
The topic has been locked.
More
13 Mar 2016 19:25 #163707 by X8GGY
I do............. in the FRONT! ;) :laugh:

:blush:
More
13 Mar 2016 19:37 #163710 by X8GGY
Russ @ JimnyBits is expecting some TrailGear HD Rear Shafts in the not-too-distant...

Will be chatting with him tomorrow when the working week resumes... ;)
More
13 Mar 2016 19:45 #163711 by X8GGY
Meanwhile, James J999PRE Priestley is on the case... should be some replacement shafts coming my way soon...!

B)
  • Daniel30
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 Mar 2016 22:49 #163723 by Daniel30
Replied by Daniel30 on topic Dave's "S200KYS" Jimny 'laner Build...
Hope you get it sorted soon
More
14 Mar 2016 02:12 #163725 by kirkynut
Well that's bad luck Dave! After all this time and all the lanes you and your gang have done without this issue.

Oh well, it's not the end of the world but a shame nonetheless.

Do you fancy the fully floating route?

Kirkynut

The underdog often starts the fight, and occasionally the upper dog deserves to win - Edgar Watson Howe.

My Jimny Thread Here: www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...on-continues?start=0
More
16 Mar 2016 12:40 #163828 by X8GGY
Blog now up...

www.bits4vits.co.uk/store/greenlaning-ab.../03/16/blog_337.html

Sorry it's a bit late this time, we're in the midst of a Post Office refit... and it's harder to write a blog when you weren't there after the start of the very first 'lane of the day! LOL :blush:

I'm fitting standard rear shafts for now to get me up and running again, but will have to consider my options for the future...

Although, saying that, the Jimny has had around 24 'laning trips by now, so to blow one shaft in all that time isn't too bad...

I personally - in my ignorance? - think full-floaters are over the top (for me) and I'll probably just go with some Trail Gear rear shafts when they become available?...

Time to fix the Jimny when the Post Office is finished, and get back down to Machynlleth in April for our next trip and hopefully we'll all get round all the 'lanes then?! LOL

:lol:
More
17 Mar 2016 07:36 #163861 by kirkynut
Wow! You couldn't write that stuff in your blog! Well you can as you did but you know what I mean!

Kirkynut

The underdog often starts the fight, and occasionally the upper dog deserves to win - Edgar Watson Howe.

My Jimny Thread Here: www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...on-continues?start=0
  • Daniel30
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
21 Mar 2016 20:02 #164165 by Daniel30
Just got a chance to sit down and read the blog what a crazy day had by all things come in threes and you guys certainly got it :woohoo: :woohoo: I think my jimny would have fallen apart just looking at the first part ' the water fall' :woohoo: hope you all get the jimny's sorted soon look forward to another great read , BRILLIANT thanks for sharing
More
23 Mar 2016 14:45 #164249 by X8GGY
Thanks Guys! (Kirky and Dan)... yup, but we're going back in April to conquer it... :woohoo:

Apologies for not being around much lately, been busy with another project...

Refurbishing and converting the wife's Post Office into one of these "Local" models, where it's an extension of the shop counter... or rather a 5 foot cappuccino box stuck on the end... But, we've been trading all day every day as an open plan Post Office for the last 12 years, so we politely refused the little box format and said we'd refurbish our existing Post Office up to current standards, colours and imagery...

So, guess who got to organise all that then? ;) LOL :laugh:

Well chuffed with the results though, and so too was the Post Office Project Manager that over-saw the conversion, and the Retail Field Change Advisor who is made up with the result too...

So, Sunday.... back to fixing the Jimny ready for the April trip then? ;)

Dave B)
Attachments:
  • Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
23 Mar 2016 19:34 #164271 by Lambert
That looks really good and open and friendly, not like the normal pill box gun embrasure type one normally sees. Top effort.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!
  • Daniel30
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
23 Mar 2016 21:53 #164276 by Daniel30
Looking good nice and fresh
Time to create page: 0.203 seconds