BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× Are you building a Mud Monster or a Pavement Princess??
If so you can have your own thread in this section.
This section on other websites has led to arguments and contention. People are posting pictures of their pride and joy and therefore CONSTRUCTIVE comments only please!

Dave's "S200KYS" Jimny 'laner Build...

• Paul_sterling
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 Nov 2015 11:35 #156076 by Paul_sterling
Replied by Paul_sterling on topic Dave's (Bits4Vits) Jimny 'laner Build...
Hi Dave,

maybe just turn the bolt around so that the nut is accessed from the front? might have to compress or stretch the spring, but should give more room to fit the nut.

Paul.
The topic has been locked.
More
12 Nov 2015 12:08 #156085 by X8GGY
Hi Paul ;)

Thanks, I did consider that, but getting it literally through the spring's coils and lined up through the bracket, spacer, end of the panhard, bracket all together would be nigh on impossible, and a pig to get at 'in the field' if anything ever went wrong...?

Dave
More
12 Nov 2015 12:25 #156091 by X8GGY
Oooh, that's nice... Zanfi are sending me a 'present' to make up for the fact I had to make an extra bracket to mount my panhard relocation bracket, and for the feedback...

... I wonder what it will be... time will tell! :woohoo:
More
16 Nov 2015 14:54 #156405 by X8GGY
Changed my username today, many thanks to Martin! B) , as I felt it could be confused with the other "jimny dave", and it also reflects my own Jimny better than "Jimny-Dave" did...

So from now on I'm "S200KYS"...

Cheers!
Dave
More
16 Nov 2015 15:43 - 16 Nov 2015 15:44 #156407 by X8GGY
Three years on from the St. Asaph Floods of 2012 - www.bits4vits.co.uk/store/st-asaph-floods-/blog_215.html

And we were faced with the threat of similar flooding this weekend, so I had to get all the family's vehicles off the drive and ready to take to higher ground whilst I put flood protection in place -

Anyway, over the course of the weekend, we took a couple of walks down the river with the dogs -

And the river only got to the top of it's own banks, never mind the flood banks behind...

So, this morning, threat abated, and it was time to move all the vehicles back, with a notable change?...

Jimny "S200KYS" in the garage so that I can work on it whatever the weather... and both daughters cars on the drive...

And... the Jimny that was going to be a buggy... awaits stripping and selling in parts... another project abandoned!

Since having my eye injury and the long recovery afterwards, I haven't felt like wielding an angle grinder in anger, and... mostly, due to a change in personal circumstances, I don't have the time and particularly the money to see the project through to the end. So, time once again, to cut my losses and get back what I can on the - luckily - limited parts I have bought so far, and the donor vehicle which is left...

I'll start stripping and advertising parts soon, the front axle is already promised to a mate / laning buddy, but all the other parts will be available soon in the for sale section of this fabulous forum. If there is anything anyone particularly wants, please PM me rather than filling up this build thread? Cheers...

The "Ex-Jimny" build thread was removed, thanks to Martin, a couple of weeks ago, and the build blogs have been removed from my own site too. It would have been nice to finish it if I had the time, money and inclination, but even then I'd of ended up with a 'fair weather' vehicle, when my Jimny is ready and willing for all weathers...

And I needed the garage space back to work on the Jimny too...

Ah well, another abandoned project under my belt... but the last one! ;) Time to concentrate on the big blue Jimny "S200KYS".

Dave
Last edit: 16 Nov 2015 15:44 by X8GGY.
  • Paul_sterling
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 Nov 2015 16:44 #156410 by Paul_sterling
Replied by Paul_sterling on topic Dave's (Bits4Vits) Jimny 'laner Build...
Hi Dave,

sorry to hear your halting the Ex Jimny, a sham really as its been a great read thus far. is there not a temptation to see if anyone wishes to take it on as the project as it stands first?

cheers, Paul.
  • Daniel30
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 Nov 2015 17:04 #156412 by Daniel30
Replied by Daniel30 on topic Dave's (Bits4Vits) Jimny 'laner Build...
Sorry to hear that Dave was a good read for people like me who have no mechanical skills what so ever ( can opener is the limit) :woohoo: :woohoo: Like you say though time and money are the killer always!! But I'm glad your eye is on the mend that is the most important thing........... I'm still going to watch this space though!!!! ;)
  • wombat
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 Nov 2015 17:21 #156414 by wombat
Replied by wombat on topic Dave's (Bits4Vits) Jimny 'laner Build...
Sorry to hear that Dave, I know how you feel, had to give up a few projects of my own due to health and money problems. On the bright side you can concentrate fully on the laner build, if theres anything left you can do to it, must be about the ultimate jimny by now.
All the best, Ian :) :)
  • Tadpole
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 Nov 2015 20:07 #156427 by Tadpole
Replied by Tadpole on topic Dave's (Bits4Vits) Jimny 'laner Build...
You still have plenty to get on with Dave & that eye needs treating with respect.
A difficult decision but sensible move imo .. ;)
More
17 Nov 2015 19:42 #156515 by X8GGY
Thanks Guys :(

On a brighter note... Who's been asked to retail Zanfi's products? :ohmy: B)
  • wombat
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
17 Nov 2015 20:14 #156518 by wombat
Replied by wombat on topic Dave's (Bits4Vits) Jimny 'laner Build...
Jimnybits ?? :laugh: :laugh:
More
17 Nov 2015 20:34 #156520 by X8GGY

wombat wrote: Jimnybits ?? :laugh: :laugh:

Sh*t?! Have they? Damn, they've asked me too ;) :P

B)
Time to create page: 0.315 seconds