BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× Are you building a Mud Monster or a Pavement Princess??
If so you can have your own thread in this section.
This section on other websites has led to arguments and contention. People are posting pictures of their pride and joy and therefore CONSTRUCTIVE comments only please!

Dave's "S200KYS" Jimny 'laner Build...

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
30 Apr 2019 04:31 #206948 by Lambert
I hate myself for having to say this but I suspected this was going to have to happen sooner or later. Another case of the law abiding majority having to change their behaviour because of a criminal minority and a knee jerk justice system. Sad times.

Good little write up though and still able to give a sense of adventure while being vague. Good work Dave!

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!
The topic has been locked.
More
30 Apr 2019 06:41 #206957 by sniper
They will still make a good read mate, your antics with the group are some of the best written up trips I've seen.

Sad day as Lambert says,

sniper
  • Riccy
  • Banned
  • Banned
    Registered
  • J999 MNY Bashing around Carlisle
More
30 Apr 2019 16:59 #206988 by Riccy
Nice write up Dave B)

I too am sad about the blogs. The recent trips have all highlighted the superb lanes we have, but if the result is idiots chewing up then... :-(

On our recent Northumberland trip (Dave skipped due to illness), there was a great unused lane we went down on the sunday ending in a farm called Coldrife. Last week it turns up on facebook Glass page that someone has pointed a gas gun into the lane and blocked it at the farm end. The block is bad enough, but the gas gun is downright dangerous. We saw horse tracks on the day we went, imagine what that would do to a horse and rider if it went off?

J999 MNY, ULYSSES M18 VVT with ITB's Dyno tested at 130hp

Pickup/tipper, R7me gearbox & 6.4 Rocklobster, 31" Toyo MT, 2x ARB air locker 3.9 diffs in braced axles, 6" total lift, Floating rear conversion, Raptor painted, CB, Recaro's, Caged, etc, etc...

www.youtube.com/user/riclemus
Attachments:
More
02 May 2019 11:36 - 02 May 2019 11:40 #207112 by X8GGY
Thanks Lambert, Sniper & Ricky ;)

Yes, shame that we seem to have to be a "Secret Society"... but, yes, I can still post some vague photos that give a sense of the trip without giving locations away...

As coincidence would have it, my GLASS (Green Lanes Association) membership renewed on Tuesday as a recurring Paypal payment. I read it on my iPhone, and immediately emailed them back and asked them to refund the payment as I wished to let my membership lapse, due to being disillusioned with it all. I'm still going to greenlane of course, but I don't need to be a member of GLASS to do it. I've always 'laned responsibly, and at the end of the day what does my GLASS membership get me?...

There's two North Wales GLASS Facebook pages, one is "open" to most people, and I couldn't post in there without being moderated, it would take ages for my posts to be approved and eventually appear, and then not all of them? And there is also a "closed" page only available to GLASS members, and I couldn't post in there AT ALL. So I left both groups...

The other facility available to me is Trailwise2, which lots of people seem to like, but to me it's just a database of possible greenlanes, it's only with the addition of user notes will it become useful, only then will you lnow if the 'lanes listed are physically passable...

So, anyway, I lapsed my membership... I might rejoin later, we'll see... but for now I'm just peeved that we can't blog our trips and try and inform and educate others about where the legal greenlanes are, as said, we remain the Secret Society I have loathed for many years...

On a brighter note... Yesterday was the first of May and coincidently Wednesday, my day off in the week, and that saw me spend MY FIRST DAY in the garage THIS YEAR! :ohmy: Hopwfully that means things are finally returning to normal, my health and mojo are continuing to improve ;)

I spent the day making some more 'ZookBOB' parts, which is my alterego I sell on eBay with -

Some shock spacer / repositioners with a mount for a poly bush, and some moderate and heavy duty steering damper brackets, they went to the platers yesterday and should be back in stock real soon them...

So, as I say, things are returning to "normal", or as normal as I get anyways... ;)

Next Sunday, the 12th, sees us off to Shropshire for the annual Punch Hunt, so this Sunday I'll be giving S200KYS the once over in preperation for that...

Cheers All B)
Dave
Attachments:
Last edit: 02 May 2019 11:40 by X8GGY.
  • Lambert
    Registered
More
02 May 2019 13:03 #207115 by Lambert
This is the problem though isn't it, we that choose to behave responsibly end up bearing the burden of the privations caused by those who are self evidently not prepared to be responsible. It leaves you wondering what the point of being responsible is. I don't just mean green lane use but more generally in a wider social context. Not good.

More
06 May 2019 11:30 - 06 May 2019 11:32 #207452 by X8GGY
Ah, no, it seems after five years we're not attending the punch hunt this year :( so we're going greenlang instead! B)

Brett and I, with our co-drivers Alan and Dave-T, have been invited as guests to Shropshire Lanes facebook group's punch hunt at Hawkstone Park Follies site for the last five years, where between us we've placed first and/or second every year...

So this year they created a seperate class for us? So as well as the winchless and modified class. their was a Suzuki class....

Sitting on the fence, I can kinda see their point, we're not actual ,members of their group (except for on facebook) and don't lane with them, but turn up every year and win their trophies against the assembled mass of vehicles including modified Land Rovers, Jeeps, etc...

but creating a new class for us seemed wrong, and left us feeling less welcome than in previous years...

So, we decided to go greenlaning instead!
Last edit: 06 May 2019 11:32 by X8GGY.
More
13 May 2019 16:17 #207874 by X8GGY
So, yeserday, we went greenlaning rather than to the annual punch hunt (see post above), but our-Kev (Duckworth) did go along and represented the Jimnys... he got 2nd overall and 1st in the winchless class... so well done that man! B)

Meanwhile, at the eleventh hour, Brett was forced to pull-out of the 'laning trip, so Alan and I were suddenly promoted to navigating and leading :ohmy: Being as Brett usually records the videos from the front, I thought it best that I swapped from stills to video and made a compilation video blog for a change, also being as we can't show maps, locations, etc these days for fear of some less responsible users tearing up the 'lanes...

So here is my first "vlog" :lol:

Enjoy! B)
More
13 May 2019 16:23 #207877 by sniper
Great stuff as always...

What happened to Ric? he gave me a thumbs up when I passed him southbound.

sniper
  • Riccy
  • Banned
  • Banned
    Registered
More
13 May 2019 17:20 #207881 by Riccy
Nowt's happened to me John?!

Great Vlog Dave! will enjoy this one B)

Pickup/tipper, R7me gearbox & 6.4 Rocklobster, 31" Toyo MT, 2x ARB air locker 3.9 diffs in braced axles, 6" total lift, Floating rear conversion, Raptor painted, CB, Recaro's, Caged, etc, etc...

More
14 May 2019 09:54 #207936 by sniper
Sorry, completely miss-read Dave's post....
  • Riccy
  • Banned
  • Banned
    Registered
More
14 May 2019 17:28 #207967 by Riccy
Following Dave & Alan:

and back down:

Following James Priestly:

Following Gary:

and another following Gary:

• Lambert
    Registered
More
14 May 2019 19:16 #207978 by Lambert
Looks like a giggle!

Time to create page: 0.240 seconds