BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× Are you building a Mud Monster or a Pavement Princess??
If so you can have your own thread in this section.
This section on other websites has led to arguments and contention. People are posting pictures of their pride and joy and therefore CONSTRUCTIVE comments only please!

Dave's "S200KYS" Jimny 'laner Build...

More
20 Feb 2019 14:38 - 20 Feb 2019 14:39 #203535 by X8GGY
THANKS for all your well-wishes ;)

I'd say I was somewhere around 90% right by now, having been out of hospital for 4 weeks. I've been eating like a horse to build my weight and stamina back up, and controlling my blood sugars much better now I'm on insulin rather than tablets.

I had a potter on the Jimnys on Sunday for the first time this year, and was planning on having the day in the garage today - my day off in the week - but decided this morning I didn't feel like it / wasn't up to it... times a healer and I don't want to do too much too quickly.

Likewise, some of our little group are greenlaning in Shropshire on Sunday, but it's an 8am start there so would mean me getting up early to drive to Brett's to be his passenger / gateboy for the day... But, unfortunately, I decided earlier this week that it would be too long a day for me as I feel currently, so it's back to plan A of rejoining the group in April for the trip planned then...

So I'm getting better, but it does take time... although saying that I do feel I'm recovering from it faster than most people indicated I would :)

Dave B)
Last edit: 20 Feb 2019 14:39 by X8GGY.
The topic has been locked.
  • Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
20 Feb 2019 14:53 #203541 by Lambert
Excellent news. Steady away and off you go in no time!

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!
More
22 Feb 2019 03:40 #203638 by Max Headroom
Damn! I missed this one too! :(

Hope your'e back to 100% very soon, Dave. Take your time and recharge the batteries gradually :)

IF IT AINT BROKE, KEEP FIXING IT UNTIL IT IS
More
22 Feb 2019 06:39 - 22 Feb 2019 06:40 #203647 by X8GGY
Thanks ALL!

I took another little step forward yesterday... I had an optician;s appointment as I felt the sight in my right eye was getting worse, in fact it was better (hopefully due to better diabetic control), and my prescription has changed in the last few years since I started wearing glasses, so a new pair of glasses are on order...

The 'young man' that saw to me (about my age!, I normally see his Dad!) was very thorough, and during a good chat I mentioned my fear was my driving licence as driving has been a lifetime hobby (turns out he's into track days!), so he also gave me a 'mock' DVLA exam, particularly the peripheral vision test, and I passed with flying colours! He said DVLA will ask for his contact details eventually to perform this test on me periodically.

So... driving licence... TICK! ;)
Last edit: 22 Feb 2019 06:40 by X8GGY.
  • Lambert
    Registered
More
22 Feb 2019 07:17 #203649 by Lambert
That's the one fear I have of getting older, is o e day they're going to say "Sorry buddy, we need you to surrender your driving licence. " the very thought makes my blood run cold. Hopefully it will be a long time yet for all of us!

More
22 Feb 2019 10:57 #203666 by X8GGY
On a more cheerful note... I recently (Sunday) felt well enough for a potter, and the missus agreed I could as long as I stayed warm and didn't over-do it...So a few little jobs on S200KYS...

First thing, it had been stood so long that the batteries were flat?...

Both my daughters cars were on the drive in front of the Jim' so it was easier to push it up towards my eldest's C1 to give him a jump :lol:

Then onto...

On my last trip out with 'our little group' something in the shubbery had ripped Brett's passenger-side mirror of:( I was "luckier" that it had a go at my door rather than the mirrorand pushed the wing in (again!),so out came the lump hammer and a pry bar! -

As good as new! :lol: Or acceptable for a greenlaner anyways!

I then tidied the inside, retrieving empty bottles and lunch wrappings from behind and under the seats where they tend to get chucked on a days greenlaning!

Then. on to trying to resolve the problems with the CB, which would transmit but not receive? I confirmed this using my handheld wandery-around CB which is also always in the back of the Jimny just incase I or one of the other lads have problems with a dash mounted CB too. I double-checked all the connections but failed to find anything wrong, so ripped it out and ordered a new set from Thunderpole which awaits fitting this weekend.

Almost ready for some greenlaning then? ;)
Attachments:
More
10 Mar 2019 18:02 - 10 Mar 2019 18:34 #204407 by X8GGY
After a leave of absence of three months due to illness and subsequent recuperation, today I went out for a local wander to ease myself back into greenlaning. Some of the group had been out on a laning trip to Shropshire on the 24/02/19 but I felt that was too long a trip / day for me in my stage of recuperating from pneumonia and most of January in hospital. So I ,muted the idea to Alan my co-driver and Darren, a local chap with a Jimny I'd chatted to in the shop. and also seen on YouTube that he was out regularly greenlaning. I also mentioned it on our group's WhatsApp group, but on the day it was just...

Darren in his Jimny and Alan & I in S200KYS that met for...

Breakfast in the WhistleStop Cafe in Rhuddlan, before ...

Setting off to drive the route that Alan had plotted on paper map nnd I had then transferred into MemoryMap to follow on the dash mounted iPad in my Jimny. Some 16 greenlanes on the route, with a 9am start we figured that would take us to mid-afternoon...

Not a full blog on this one, just some highlight photos...

At the top of a BOAT (ByWay Open to Al Traffic) above Tremechion , not far from my house!

SNOW! Wasn't expecting that! Below the Moel Y Parc TV mast in the distance.

Up to the top of Moel Dywyl in the Moel Famau Country Park.

Driving along the side of the Clwyd Valley, stunning views when it's clear...

Our view ahead to Rhyl on the coast in the distance.

A great sign on another BOAT, that says it all!!!

Dropping back down into the Clwyd valley...

We would have finished the route early, so we added another 5 lanes at the end of the day to make 21 in all, and I was still home in time...

To drop this rather dirty Jimny round to the...

Hand Car Wash 100 yards around the corner from my house... note the sign on the wall! - "PLEASE NOTE - EXCESSIVELY DIRTY CARS ... WILL INCUR AN EXTRA CHARGE" Yup, a tenner! LOL Saves me taking it five mile away and washing it myself at a friendly garage... ;)

Clean and shiny and back on the drive waiting for it's next jaunt! B)

A great day out! Lots of 'lanes and still back in time to get the Jimny washed, write this mini-blog and have roast 'dinner' with the family.

THANKS to Alan for plotting the route and opening and closing countless gates, and to Darren for the company / second vehicle... I'm loathe to venture out on my own, just in case... ;)

"Our little groups" next trips are a weekend in Northumberland on the 30th/31st of March, but I said that was too much for me yet, and the Lleyn Peninsula on the 28th of April... so to keep my tyres wet and muddy we're squeezing another little Sunday wander in on the 7th of April... from the llangollen area to Betws-y-Coed.

I'm hoping to restart the buggy project soon too when I can rip myself off the sofa on Sundays ;) LOL :lol:
Attachments:
Last edit: 10 Mar 2019 18:34 by X8GGY.
  • Lambert
    Registered
More
10 Mar 2019 18:29 #204412 by Lambert
So glad to see you out and about again!

The following user(s) said Thank You: X8GGY
More
10 Mar 2019 18:35 #204413 by X8GGY
Thanks Lambert! So glad to be out again, it's been far too long!
  • Riccy
  • Banned
  • Banned
    Registered
  • J999 MNY Bashing around Carlisle
More
10 Mar 2019 19:08 #204416 by Riccy
Superb day out there, some very nice scenery round your way ;-) B)

J999 MNY, ULYSSES M18 VVT with ITB's Dyno tested at 130hp

Pickup/tipper, R7me gearbox & 6.4 Rocklobster, 31" Toyo MT, 2x ARB air locker 3.9 diffs in braced axles, 6" total lift, Floating rear conversion, Raptor painted, CB, Recaro's, Caged, etc, etc...

www.youtube.com/user/riclemus
The following user(s) said Thank You: X8GGY
More
11 Mar 2019 20:26 #204462 by X8GGY
Darren's YouTube compilation of the day -

The following user(s) said Thank You: jackonlyjack
  • Daniel30
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 Mar 2019 21:08 #204464 by Daniel30
Replied by Daniel30 on topic Dave's "S200KYS" Jimny 'laner Build...
Very nice
Time to create page: 0.234 seconds